|Appeared in|| Guardians of the Galaxy|
Guardians of the Galaxy 2
- "I may be as pretty as an angel, but I sure as hell ain't one."
- ―Yondu Udonta[src]
Yondu Udonta is the leader of the Ravagers.
Yondu and the Ravagers were hired by Peter Quill's father to bring him to him after Quill's mother died, however instead they captured and raised the boy, constantly threatening to eat him.
Yondu intercepted Star-Lord after the latter retrieved the Orb and evaded Korath's group, instructing him to bring the Orb to the Ravagers, where as Quill planned to sell the artifact on his own. Yondu later pressured a broker into revealing information on the Orb as the Guardians escaped from the Kyln.
Yondu arrived at Knowhere when Ronan the Accuser responded to the call of a drunken Drax. As the two enemies fought, Quill alerted Yondu of his position as he attempted to save Gamora, who had been left for dead in space by Nebula. Aboard the Ravagers' ship, Yondu threatened to kill Quill for double crossing him before coming to his senses after finding out how much the Orb was and teamed up with the Guardians to prevent Ronan's genocidal assault on Xandar.
Later, Yondu lead the assault on the Dark Aster and was quickly shot down, but survived the crash and managed to eliminate an entire squad of Sakaaran troopers using his signature arrow.
After the Guardians made quick work of Ronan, Yondu arrived demanding the Orb, as per the original deal. Later aboard his ship as the Ravagers partied in celebration, Yondu chuckled upon opening the Orb, realizing that Quill switched orbs and finding a troll doll in place of the Infinity Stone.
To be added
Yondu is the leader of outlaw mercenaries called the Ravagers. Responsible for Peter Quill's kidnapping, a job contracted by Quill's father, Yondu decides to keep the boy and raise him. Yondu has led the Ravagers for decades, through strength of will, guile, and deadly force. He will eliminate his enemies without remorse. He initially chases after Peter after he took the Orb for himself instead of turning it over to the Ravagers, placing a bounty on Quill's head. However, Yondu shown to cares about Peter saving his and Gamora life. He aid the Guardians in stopping Ronan from destroying Xandar with the promise of claiming the power stone that was hidden inside the Orb. But after Yondu claims the Orb from Peter and departs, he later learns that Quill gave him a fake that holds a Troll doll for his collection, he just laughed about it.
Yondu uses a yaka arrow as his weapon. It can change its direction, the yaka arrow response to whistle sounds. Yondu is so skillful at controlling his yaka arrow he can killed dozens of Ronan's warriors in seconds than have it return to his hand. Aside from commanding a Ravager carrier ship, Yondu's skills as a pilot allow him to effectively pilot armed scout ships into combat.
- Audio-Activated Arrow: Yondu possesses a device called a Yaka Arrow, which is linked to his cybernetics and is able to levitate and fly when he whistles. The arrow pierces and burns through enemies, walls, and even small ships, and does so faster when he whistles at a higher frequency.
- Marvel Cinematic Universe (2 films)
- Marvel Cinematic Universe (1 comic)
- Guardians of the Galaxy Prequel Infinite Comic (First appearance)
Behind the scenes
To be added
- In the comics, Yondu was the original member of the original team.
- In an interview conducted by LauraHaddockFans.net, Laura Haddock mentioned sharing the screen with Michael Rooker's Yondu by stating: James made sure that myself and the other actor never met (prior to shooting), never saw each other. We didn’t get ready together, we got made up in different trucks, and the first time we ever saw each other was on camera, so the reaction was completely honest and real.
- Yondu's famous fin was trimmed down for the movie; the character as seen in the film seems to have a cybernetic strip reminiscent of a mohawk instead.
Guardians of the Galaxy
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2