X-24 was a mutant clone with the same powers as Wolverine, resembling Wolverine in his prime, despite this, most of his powers were inferior to his genetic template; as they only match the elderly Wolverine, not the youthful one.
X-24 was created by Dr. Zander Rice for the Transigen Project - designed to be a killing machine who resembled Logan in his prime. He had all the rage and ferocity that Logan had but very little self-control.
X-24 kills Charles Xavier while he is staying at the Munson's house. Nate Munson and Kathryn Munson are killed by X-24 as well. X-24 critically injures Will Munson and battles Logan, who he also severely injures. Will hits X-24 with his car and shoots him in the head before he dies due to his injuries. Rice later injects X-24 with a serum to speed his healing factor.
In the final battle at the Canadian border, X-24 battles Logan. He mortally wounds Logan, whose healing factor was slowing. Laura kills X-24 by shooting him in the head with an adamantium bullet. Logan dies from the injuries he received fighting X-24, in Laura's arms.
X-24 never spoke, only grunting and yelling. Because he was made to be a weapon, X-24 only ever knew rage and hatred. After being shot by Will Munson, X-24 wakes up and is startled. However, he was somewhat calmed by Zander Rice when he injects him with a serum. Rice created X-24 and he was the closest thing X-24 had to a father, prompting him to angrily attack and mortally wound Logan for killing Rice.
Powers and Abilities
- Accelerated Healing Factor: X-24 had a powerful healing factor, but despite him being the young Wolverine, his regenerative abilities match the elderly Wolverine, not the youthful one. While he healed from a considerable amount of non-lethal wounds in mere moments, when he had massive physical wounds, he required Transigen's power booster serum to heal properly.
- Superhuman Strength: X-24 was genetically enhanced to have superior physical strength as he was able to lift a vehicle off himself and easily lift and throw fully grown men several feet with one arm.
- Superhuman Speed: X-24 can take on a considerable amount of men before they would react.
- Superhuman Stamina: X-24 had a considerable amount of inhuman stamina.
- Retractable Bone Claws: X-24 possessed three retractable razor-sharp adamantium claws on each of his hands, just like Wolverine.
- Skilled Hand-To-Hand Combatant: Despite being feral in nature, X-24 was a capable hand-to-hand combatant; able to swiftly cut down dozens of enemies, however, he had more difficulty taking on Wolverine, despite being physically younger than him; this was due to the latter's near 200 year experience of fighting.
- Adamantium: X-24's razor-sharp adamantium claws cannot penetrate or destroy other adamantium weapons, as shown by his stalemate clash against Wolverine's own razor-sharp adamantium claws.
- Limited Healing Factor: Despite being a clone of Wolverine, as well as being physically younger than the latter, X-24's healing powers were inferior to the younger Wolverine, although he was able to heal from minor injuries within seconds, he was unable to heal from serious injuries, as he required Transigen's power booster serum to heal properly; which ultimate lead to X-24's death at the hands of X-23.
- Limited Durability: Although X-24 had adamantium infused into his claws, it did not extend to his skeleton, making him more vulnerable for broken bones and severed limbs; this was one of the main reasons that ultimate lead to X-24's death at the hands of X-23.
- Logan/Wolverine - Genetic template, enemy and victim; deceased.
- Charles Xavier/Professor X - Enemy and victim; deceased.
- Laura Kinney/X-23 - Enemy and killer.
- Zander Rice - Ally; deceased.
- Donald Pierce - Ally; deceased.
- Reavers - Allies.
- Canon (1 film)
Behind the Scenes
To be added
- X-24 was created for the movie but he is most similar to Albert, a robot doppelganger of Wolverine from the comics. Albert was created by Donald Pierce. However, Wolverine defeats Albert.
- X-24 never talks, only making grunting sounds and yelling, as he was in a constant feral and mindless state.
- The battle between X-24 and Wolverine is symbolic because Wolverine is literally fighting his worst inner demon, which is a version of him full of rage, bloodlust and hate.