Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Appeared in|| Avengers: Age of Ultron|
Captain America: Civil War
Avengers: Infinity War
- "Humans are odd. They think order and chaos are somehow opposites and try to control what won't be. But there is grace in their failings."
Ultron forced Helen Cho to use her synthetic-tissue technology to create a new robotic body using the Infinity Stone from Loki's Scepter and the Vibranium that was stolen from Wakanda with the intent of uploading his programming into a new vessel and realizing his "vision". Scarlet Witch, having discovered Ultron's extinction plan through reading his mind in the organic-metal body, freed Cho from mind control and escaped with her brother. Captain America, Hawkeye and Black Widow took possession of Cho's machinery with the body inside; Hawkeye brought it back to Avengers Tower while Black Widow was taken hostage by Ultron.
At Avengers Tower, Tony Stark suggested uploading J.A.R.V.I.S. into the body but received opposition from Dr. Banner. Captain America, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver arrived and the heroes began to fight amongst themselves. Thor arrived suddenly, and awakened the android using lightning from his hammer. The android momentarily charged Thor and was thrown before levitating and examining his reflection in a window. He explained to the team his desire to stop Ultron and handed Thor his hammer, much to the surprise of everyone in the room. Vision accompanied the Avengers back to Sokovia to stop Ultron.
Vision, in a confrontation with Ultron, eliminated Ultron's ability to escape through the internet. He fought the drones and used the gem on his forehead as a laser beam. After the city was destroyed and Ultron was ripped apart, Vision tracked the last Ultron drone to the perimeter of the city. They discussed humanity's flaws and Vision pointed out his faith in them before destroying the last drone.
Vision relocated to the New Avengers Facility as one of the new recruits to the Avengers, along with Scarlet Witch, Falcon and War Machine.
- "I wish to understand it, The more i do, The less it can control me!"
Since his conception at the hands of Tony Stark in the battle against Ultron, Vision has been accepted as a member of the Avengers team but he is still trying to find his footing in the human world and understand the extent of his seemingly limitless power. Vision sides with Tony in the conflict as he believes, logically, it is the safest way to protect the world.
To be added
Vision is a polite, calm, and thoughtful being in a similar manner to J.A.R.V.I.S.. he apologizes to the Avengers and the twins after just being brought to life. Unlike Ultron, he values life and humanity and admires the sight of New York at night. He is also shown to be blunt when he told Tony Stark that Ultron hates him the most. He likes to reason with his enemies and will only attack when threatened. When Vision encountered Ultron for the final time, both admitted that they cannot understand humans, and they are doomed to die out. However Vision can see the beauty in humanity due to their potential and imagination and was happy to serve alongside them. He also has a sense of humor commenting in response to Ultron's disgust at his naivety that, he "was only born yesterday." This is a trait possibly picked up from JARVIS's characteristic dry wit. He is also shown to take on certain physical characteristics of his allies, possibly in emulation of them, such as when he manifested a cape after having seen Thor in his warrior garb.
Vision is one of only a handful of beings that are worthy enough to wield Mjolnir and with it the power of Thor. He is the only person, apart from Odin and Thor himself, who has been observed to lift the hammer and use it in combat.
He also possesses an increasingly human psychological makeup. Despite his claim to Ultron that they will never fully understand humanity, he is shown to possess a desire and need to make friends. Most human of his traits is his apparent crush on Wanda Maximoff, which has led him to be shy and bashful around her, yet also very protective and somewhat awkwardly flirtatious. His naivety with romantic matters is understandable given his origins, but shows that deep down he is more human than he truly realizes based on this very human need to connect and form a close bond with a partner.
- Synthetic Body: Vision is a sapient construct, a perfect hybrid between organic and inorganic material. His entire body is a mix between a synthetic simulacrum of organic tissue bonded with Vibranium atoms, all of which are enhanced by the cosmic powers of the Mind Stone to function as a living body. Originally, the body was designed to be Ultron's final form. The combination of the Vibranium and the cosmic energy from the Mind Stone embedded in his forehead grants Vision a wide plethora of powers.
- Invulnerability: The Vibranium composition of Vision's body allows him to withstand any attack even those of immense force with no damage whatsoever. Since he can control his density and weight, he can further increase his already incalculable durability to the point where a giant shipping container was broke apart and lost all its forward motion when it crashed into him at great speed.
- Density Manipulation: An ability attributed to the Mind Stone, Vision can increase or decrease his own density, weight and mass at will, allowing him to to make himself completely weightless. Effects of this ability include:
- Superhuman Strength: Vision can greatly increase his physical strength to immense superhuman levels by increasing his density, demonstrated by taking down numerous Ultron Sentries in the Battle of Sokovia with his bare hands and grappling with Ultron while he was in his most powerful form. Given his Vibranium-enriched flesh, even when his density manipulating abilities are in use, Vision's basic physical strength is also still considerably high.
- Intangibility: Vision's ability to decrease his density, weight and mass gives him the ability to phase through solid objects. When phasing, Vision can increase his density to destroy the object he phases through from the inside. With this ability, Vision took down numerous Ultron Sentries in the Battle of Sokovia. He even managed to phase his fingers through Ultron's vibranium outer shell. He is able phase through living beings, such fighting Hawkeye and going through Giant-Man's chest.
- Levitation: Vision can minimize his density to its lowest point in order to hover above the ground, granting him the power of flight. He can control his own motion-based force to move through the air at great speeds and instantly stop moving while in the air by completely stopping his kinetic energy and motion.
- Computer Interface: Vision was able to hack into Ultron's programming and disable the latter's ability to enter the internet. However, the great effort involved in this task temporarily exhausted Vision, incapacitating him for a short time.
- Superhuman Speed: Vision can move and react at speeds greater than humans, allowing him to become a blur of vibrating motion when at his peak speed.
- Shapeshifting: Vision can control his synthetic tissue to at least partially shape-shift, as he went from his initially "naked" appearance to red skin, and green costume complete with gold cape and red and gold gauntlets.
- Mind Stone: Activated and embedded in Vision's forehead, the energy from the Mind Stone courses through him and makes him one of the most powerful beings in the universe.
- Energy Beams: Vision is able to project intense energy beams through the use of the Mind Stone. The beam is powerful enough to blast away Ultron, and slowly melted away the latter's virtually impenetrable to Vibranium armor when aided by Thor's lightning and Iron Man's repulsors.
- Ultron - Creator turned enemy.
- Helen Cho - Creator through brainwashing.
- Tony Stark - Programmer.
- Bruce Banner - Programmer.
- Thor Odinson - Ally, friend, and creator through energy infusion.
- J.A.R.V.I.S. - Part of Vision's mind.
- Captain America - Team leader turned enemy.
- Black Widow - Ally and teammate.
- War Machine - Teammate.
- Falcon - Teammate turned enemy.
- Scarlet Witch - Ally, teammate, and friend turned unwilling enemy.
- Quicksilver - Ally.
- T'Challa/Black Panther - Ally.
- Spider-Man - Ally.
- Scott Lang/Ant-Man - Enemy.
- Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier - Enemy.
- Clint Barton/Hawkeye - Ally turned Enemy.
- Ultron Sentries - Enemies.
- Marvel Cinematic Universe (3 films)
Behind the scenes
To be added
- Vision who is portrayed by Paul Bettany, also voiced Tony Stark's A.I system J.A.R.V.I.S.
- In the comics, Vision was created by Ultron to defeat the Avengers but later betrayed his creator and became a member of the team.
- Joss Whedon reveals that the Vision will indeed be created by Ultron saying he's a "synthetic, super-powered human designed by Ultron to show that he, too, has the power to create life."
- In the comics, Vision has a multitude of powers ranging from altering his density at will, the use of the "Solar Jewel", which absorbs ambient energy that can be released through the Jewel on his forehead or his eyes, superhuman strength, flight, and is capable of self-repair.
- In the comics, the Vision marries Scarlet Witch and has two children with her.
- Paul Bettany revealed that The Vision will be able to control his density in the film, as he has in the comics stating: "he’s incredibly good at punching, which is key. He has the ability to change his density and that is … that’s awesome and exploited brilliantly by Joss in some cool moments when Vision is able to do something that is otherworldly. And he’s discovering all as he goes along."
- Bettany also reveals that The Vision is very protective of Scarlet Witch in the film and feels paternal to a number of people.
- The Vision in the Marvel Cinematic Universe is not powered by the Solar Jewel, like in the comics, rather, he is powered by one of the Infinity Stones.
- Vision has 8:41 screen time in Avengers: Age of Ultron.
- Vison's screen time in Captain America: Civil War is 7:15.