Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Appeared in|| Captain America: The First Avenger|
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Avengers: Age of Ultron
Captain America: Civil War
Vibranium is the name of a rare element.
Vibranium comes from a nation called Wakanda, a small country in Africa and is the rarest metal on earth. Vibraniun absorbs vibratory energy in its vicinity, such as sound waves, within itself. The apparent observable vibratory rate of the molecules of the Vibranium itself does not noticeably increase when the Vibranium absorbs mechanical energy. The outside vibratory energy is stored within the bonds between the molecules making up the Vibranium.
Howard Stark began a demonstration which would showcase Vibranium, a rare metal discovered by Stark Industries researchers in Africa.
Captain America's shield was constructed by Howard Stark using vibranium. Howard states that vibranium is stronger than and a third of the weight of steel, is completely vibration-absorbent. It was strong enough to resist several laser projections from the HYDRA's guns, powered by the Tesseract.
Captain America's shield is kept by S.H.I.E.L.D. and displayed with his new suit designed by Agent Coulson. It proves effective against blasts from Loki's staff, a direct hit from Mjölnir, and the legions of Chitauri. It was also able to reflect/bend the Iron Man suit's repulsor beam.
The interrogation room in the Bus is made out of Vibranium.
Steve takes advantage of the Vibranium shield by jumping out of the Triskelion from forty stories up and landing on the shield, thereby surviving any fatal injuries.
To be added
To be added
Ultron with Wanda and Pietro Maximoff, went to Ulysses Klaue to get his large amounts of Vibranium he stole from Wakanda. Ultron and the Maximoff twins than went to to Seoul. Using the Mind Stone powers, they forced the geneticist Helen Cho to create the perfect, synthetic, humanoid body for Ultron using the Vibranium. Ultron began to upload himself into his new body. This allowed Wanda to be able to read Ultron's mind through the synthetic body something that she wasn't able to do so before as Ultron is a robot. Realizing that Ultron's actual plan is to eradicate the entire human race. Wanda and Pietro decided to leave Ultron not before removing Ultron's mind-control on Helen Cho. Released from Ultron's mind control, Helen Cho sought to delay Ultron from uploading himself into the synthetic Vibranium body.
The Avengers was able to take the synthetic Vibranium body from Ultron. They bring to Avengers Tower. Bruce Banner and Tony Stark decided to transfer J.A.R.V.I.S. into the body that become the Vision. Ultron used the remaining Vibranium to create a upgraded body out of the Vibranium more durable than his old one. Ultron plan to raise the entire city of Sokovia into the sky and crash it back down to Earth that would end all life on earth, with the machine located underneath Sokovia's land mass made with Vibranium. However the Avengers with the help of Wanda and Pietro are able to defeat him.
When the King of Wakanda is killed during a terrorist attack, his son T'Challa dons a cat-like suit comprised of Vibranium material and weaponry claws thus becoming The Black Panther. T'challa goes after the primary suspect assassin The Winter Solider putting him in direct conflict with Captain America who is armed with his shield which has the same substance. Because of this when engages in a fight against Cap, Black Panther is able to pierce the impenetrable defense of the shield's armored coating leaving claw mark scratches upon it.
To be added
- Indestructibility: Vibranium is 100 percent vibrant-absorbent. This lack of motion at the molecular level means that vibranium is incapable of transferring force, and is the most durable substance in the universe. It possess absolutely no internal or external weakness, making it the ideal substance to use for defense.
- Captain America's shield
- The Bus' Interrogation Room (Coated in silicon-carbide vibranium alloy)
- The Retreat (Coated in silicon-carbide vibranium alloy)
- Fury's Tool Box (Coated in vibranium alloy)
- Ultron (final form)
- Vision (body made from synthetic tissue bonded with vibranium atoms)
- Panther Habit (Composed of a weaved vibranium suit with retraceable vibranium claws)
- Marvel Cinematic Universe (7 films)
- Marvel Cinematic Universe (1 TV Series)
- Marvel Cinematic Universe (2 Comics)
- In the comics and films, Vibranium comes from Wakanda, South Africa. Where T'Challa lives.
- It is highly speculated that the Winter Soldier's bionic arm is made out of a Vibranium alloy, due to the fact that when Bucky punched Captain America's shield twice, there was no blowback.
- After it was damaged by Tony Stark, Barnes' entire arm is removed and replaced with a black cap molded to his shoulder socket. This can be taken as an implication T'Challa may provide him with a new Vibranium prosthetic to prevent similar incidents in the future; as opposed to simply repairing the existing limb.
- In the Iron Man 2 novelization, the element created by Tony Stark to replace Palladium in the Arc Reactor is called Vibranium. The subsequent release of Captain America: The First Avenger retcons that information.