|Expected Release:||October 5, 2018|
Venom is a movie now in Planned Production.
- No confirmed cast
In March 2016, it was announced that Sony is moving forward with a standalone film by hiring Dante Harper to write the script for the film with Arad and Matt Tolmach producing. The film will have no connection to the Marvel Cinematic Universe version of Spider-Man and will be set in its own continuity. It was announced by Sony that the spin off will be release on October 5th, 2018 with Alex Kurtzman directing the film as an R rated Action/Horror/Sci-Fi movie.
- Brian Michael Bendis turned down the chance to write the movie.
- Gary Ross was in talks with Sony Pictures to direct the film.
- In March 2012, Chronicle director Josh Trank was negotiating with Sony about his interest in directing the spinoff film.
- This film is well-known to have an extremely difficult production history. The film was originally envisioned as a direct spin-off from Spider-Man 3, though Topher Grace was stated not to return to the role. Shortly after that series was rebooted, the film was announced once again, though this time within continuity of the Webb series. Chris Zylka expressed interest in playing the characters Flash Thompson iteration, which was currently running in the comics at that time. Once The Amazing Spider-Man 2 was released Sony announced Venom: Carnage would be apart of their Spider-Man Cinematic Universe. Soon after, Sony and Marvel decided to collaborate with the Spider-Man series opting to reboot again and placing a Venom spin-off on hold. Though Sony wishes to continue with their spin-offs of the Spider-Man series, no word has been announced on this films development.
- Stephen Farrelly and Kellan Lutz wanted to played Venom.
- Sony were considered Finn Wittrock as Venom and Alan Tudyk as Carnage.
- Alex Kurtzman was in talks to direct the movie.
- The current working title, according to trademark info, is "The Lethal Protector" as of June 2016. It will not take place in the MCU.
- Life was rumored to be a prequel to the movie.
- ↑ 'Spider-Man' Spinoff 'Venom' Revived at Sony (Exclusive)
- ↑ Tom Rothman on ‘Spider-Man’ Spin-Off Movies and When We’ll See the First ‘Dark Tower’ Trailer
- ↑ ‘Venom’ Movie Lands 2018 Release Date at Sony
- ↑ 
- ↑ Exclusive: Sony Developing ‘Venom’ as R-Rated Start to Their Own Marvel Universe
- ↑ Venom movie described as "sci-fi horror", eyes an R-rating, and may kickstart its own Marvel Universe
- ↑ http://mtv.com/blogs/splashpage_post.rbml?id=2012/06/29/chris-zylka-spider-man-venom/
|Earth-96283||Released||Spider-Man | Spider-Man 2 | Spider-Man 3|
|Earth-120703||Released||The Amazing Spider-Man | The Amazing Spider-Man 2|
|Cancelled||The Sinister Six | The Amazing Spider-Man 3|
|Animated||Upcoming||Untitled Animated Spider-Man|