In 2000, Marvel Entertainment entered into a joint venture agreement with Artisan Entertainment to turn at least 15 Marvel superhero franchises into live-action films, television series, direct-to-video films and internet projects. These franchises included an adaptation of Morbius.
In 2000, Marvel Entertainment entered into a joint venture agreement with Artisan Entertainment to turn at least 15 Marvel superhero franchises into live-action films, television series, direct-to-video films and internet projects. These franchises included an adaptation of Longshot.
Mort the Dead Teenager
In 2000, Marvel Entertainment entered into a joint venture agreement with Artisan Entertainment to turn at least 15 Marvel superhero franchises into live-action films, television series, direct-to-video films and internet projects. These franchises included an adaptation of Mort the Dead Teenager.
David Mack and 20th Century Fox started development on an animated film based on Kabuki with Mack acting as writer, co-producer, visual designer, and creative consultant in 1999. In 2001, the film was tranfered the film to a live-action division of Fox. An actress was approached for the title role of Kabuki, however the film was never produced.
In 2003, Marvel released an earnings report listing a Prime film as "to be determined". 
Werewolf by Night
- See also: The Sub-Mariner (film) rumors
In 2004, David Self was hired by Universal Pictures to write a film adaptation of Namor the Sub-Mariner. Chris Columbus was hired to direct the project, which was slated for a 2007 release. However, Columbus pulled out of the project in 2005 and the film was delayed. In 2006, Jonathan Mostow was hired to direct the project and was still developing the film in 2009.
- See also: Deathlok (film) rumors
In 2004, a film based on Deathok was in development at Paramount Pictures and seeking a director. Paramount hired Lee Tamahori as director and Stu Zicherman and Raven Metzner, however Zicherman and Raven Metzner were soon replaced by David Self.. Soon after this, Tamahori was replaced by Paul McGuigan as director.
In 2005, Sony Pictures announced plans to develop Killraven into a feature film. Sony entered into talks with Robert Schenkkan to write the script. However, no further developments have been announced to date.
The Hands of Shang-Chi
in 2001, Stephen Norrington announced that he had agreed to direct a film based on The Hands of Shang-Chi: Master of Kung Fu. Norrington described the film as "a real honest-to-goodness martial arts film, rather than a film that simply has martial arts in it". In 2004, it was announced that Ang Lee had been brought on as producer. In 2005, it was announced that Stan Lee had agreed to executive produce the film for DreamWorks, with Yuen Woo-ping directing from a Bruce McKenna screenplay. In 2005, Avi Arad stated that he thought that a PG-13 adaptation was possible. In 2006, Ang Lee confirmed his and Yuen's continued involvement with the project. However, no further developments have been announced to date.
Cloak and Dagger
A live-action film based on Cloak and Dagger was being developed by Marvel in 2006. However, no further developments have been announced to date.On April 7th, a Cloak and Dagger TV series was announced set to premiere on Freeform.The show is a part of Marvel Cinematic Universe.
A live-action film based on Gargoyle was being developed by Marvel in 2006. However, no further developments have been announced to date.
Joe Carnahan signed on to direct an adaptation of Taskmaster in 2008. Carnahan said that the film would "literally build this character's origin" and that it would "commence with the events following Taskmaster's severe beat down at the hands of Moon Knight".
In 2015, its reported that the rights to Taskmaster reverted back to Marvel Studios.
In 2009, Carl Potts confirmed that a film adaptation of Alien Legion had been optioned and the script was in its third rewrite. Derek Haas revealed that he and writing partner Michael Brandt had been reworking the Alien Legion script for Jerry Bruckheimer and Disney.
In 2010, 20th Century Fox acquired screen rights to Incognito. Robert Schenkkan was brought on to write the screenplay. David Engel, Peter Chernin and Chernin Entertainment were brought on to produce the film.
In 2010, Vincenzo Natali expressed interest in directing a adaptation of Alpha Flight.
- See also: Runaways (film) rumors
In 2008, Marvel Studios began developing a script based the comic series Runaways with Brian K. Vaughan writing and Kevin Feige producing. In April 2010 director Peter Sollett emerged as the front runner to direct the movie. In May 2010, British screenwriter Drew Pearce was reported to be writing the film for Marvel Studios. In July 2010, it was reported that filming would begin in March - July 2011. On August 5, 2010, casting for the film began. Actress Keke Palmer was approached for a role in the film. Lucas Cruikshank also auditioned for a role in the film. On September 24, 2013, Pearce revelaed that the film is now shelved due of the success of The Avengers.
- Portal:Movies in Production
- Portal:Cancelled Movies
- Undeveloped Blade projects
- Undeveloped Marvel Cinematic Universe projects
- Undeveloped X-Men projects
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Marvel Signs Deal with Artisan for 15 Franchises
- ↑ David Mack talks 'Kabuki' movie
- ↑ Marvel Movies: The Next Wave
- ↑ Werewolf by Night to Shoot Soon
- ↑ Werewolf by Night Movie Update
- ↑ NAMOR MOVIE UPDATE
- ↑ Sub-Mariner Gets Harry Potter Director
- ↑ Sub-Mariner Film to Debut in 2007
- ↑ Man Overboard! Columbus Bails on Sub-Mariner
- ↑ Namor Movie Gets Terminator 3 Director
- ↑ Namor The Sub-Mariner Movie Still In the Works
- ↑ Spider provider grows new legs
- ↑ Road to Perdition Scribe to Re-Write Deathlok
- ↑ McGuigan Confirmed to Direct Deathlok?
- ↑ Here Comes Killraven
- ↑ 16.0 16.1 Ang Lee's Shang-Chi movie is back
- ↑ Future Shocks: What's Ahead For Avi Arad and his Marvel empire?
- ↑ 18.0 18.1 Marvel Studios' Upcoming Slate
- ↑ Marvel's Taskmaster Has Wrangled Joe Carnahan.
- ↑ http://comicbook.com/2015/12/28/live-action-taskmaster-rights-appear-to-have-reverted-to-marvel-/ Live-Action Taskmaster Rights Appear To Have Reverted To Marvel Studios
- ↑ Alien Legion prepares for blast-off
- ↑ Fox Goes 'Incognito' For New Twist On Superhero Genre
- ↑ Splice Director Adds Alpha Flight To List Of Superhero Movies He's Dying To Make
- ↑ Project 'Runaways' in works at Marvel
- ↑ Marvel's Runaways tries picking up a director
- ↑ Drew Pearce to Write the Runaways Script
- ↑ Runaways To Begin Filming in March 2011
- ↑ Casting Begins For Marvel’s Runaways
- ↑ Runaways Wants Keke Palmer?
- ↑ Could Lucas Cruikshank Be One Of Marvel’s Runaways?
- ↑ Marvel's 'Runaways' Shelved in Post-'Avengers' Marvel Movieverse