|Appeared in|| The Avengers|
Guardians of the Galaxy
- "The Tesseract has awakened. It is on a little world, a human world. They would wield its power, but our ally knows its workings as they never will. He is ready to lead, and our force, our Chitauri, will follow. A world will be his, the universe yours. And the humans, what can they do but burn?"
- ―The Other[src]
The Other serves Thanos, who is helping Loki Laufeyson. When Loki has arrived on Earth, Thanos is contacted by him, and the Other threatens the God of Mischief, declaring that if he fails in defeating the Earthlings, Thanos will make him know a new kind of suffering.
When eventually Loki is defeated, the Other complains to Thanos that the Earth's inhabitants are not as weak as they were supposed to be, he declares that challenging the Earth's heroes would be to court Death. To this, Thanos simply smiles.
To be added
Powers and abilities
The Other possesses super speed, which he demonstrates while threatening Loki when he reminds The Other doesn't have the tesseract yet.
- Marvel Cinematic Universe (2 films)
- Marvel Cinematic Universe (1 comic)
Behind the scenes
To be added
- In the comics, "The Other" was an alias of Chthon the Elder God.
- The Other is one of few major antagonists in the Marvel Cinematic Universe not to be killed in their debut appearance, the others being Abomination, Loki, Thanos and The Winter Soldier.
- The first and last lines of The Avengers are both spoken by The Other.
- The Other has two thumbs on each hand.