|Appeared in|| The Avengers|
Guardians of the Galaxy
- "The Tesseract has awakened. It is on a little world, a human world. They would wield its power, but our ally knows its workings as they never will. He is ready to lead, and our force, our Chitauri, will follow. A world will be his, the universe yours. And the humans, what can they do but burn?"
- ―The Other[src]
The Other serves Thanos, who is helping Loki Laufeyson. When Loki has arrived on Earth, Thanos is contacted by him, and the Other threatens the God of Mischief, declaring that if he fails in defeating the Earthlings, Thanos will make him know a new kind of suffering.
When eventually Loki is defeated, the Other complains to Thanos that the Earth's inhabitants are not as weak as they were supposed to be, he declares that challenging the Earth's heroes would be to court Death. To this, Thanos simply smiles.
When Gamora betrayed Ronan and Thanos, the Other summoned Ronan and Nebula to Thanos' domain to discuss the betrayal. Ronan got into a heated argument with the Other and used the power of the Universal Weapon to snap the Other's neck, killing him instantly.
Powers and abilities
The Other possesses super speed, which he demonstrates while threatening Loki when he reminds The Other doesn't have the Tesseract yet. Though this seemed to be due to the metaphysical nature of Loki's meeting with him.
- Thanos - Master.
- Loki Laufeyson - Ally.
- Chitauri - Subordinates.
- Nebula - Subordinate
- Gamora - Subordinate turned enemy
- Leviathans - Subordinates.
- Ronan the Accuser - Ally turned enemy and murderer.
- Marvel Cinematic Universe (2 films)
- Marvel Cinematic Universe (1 comic)
Behind the scenes
- In The Avengers, Alexis Denisof's voice was heavily modified and masked to hide most of Alexis' actual voice, but in Guardians of the Galaxy little modification was done to Alexis' actual voice.
- In the comics, "The Other" was an alias of both Chthon the Elder God and the Titanium Man.
- The Other is one of few major antagonists in the Marvel Cinematic Universe not to be killed in their debut appearance, the others being Abomination, Loki, Thanos and The Winter Soldier.
- He is one of six recurring film characters to be killed, the other five being Frigga, Odin, Arnim Zola, Jasper Sitwell, and Carina (not counting Coulson, who is revived).
- The first and last lines of The Avengers are both spoken by The Other.
- The Other has two thumbs on each hand.