|Original airdate:||October 9, 2017|
"rX" is the second episode of the first season of The Gifted.
After exerting her powers beyond their limits, Blink goes into a state of shock, forcing Caitlin and Eclipse to go on a mission to find a special serum that will help her to recover. Meanwhile, Reed faces some difficult choices when it comes to helping his family, and Polaris runs into some trouble.
- Stephen Moyer as Reed Strucker
- Amy Acker as Caitlin Strucker
- Sean Teale as Marcos Díaz/Eclipse
- Natalie Alyn Lind as Lauren Strucker
- Percy Hynes White as Andy Strucker
- Coby Bell as Jace Turner
- Jamie Chung as Clarice Fong/Blink
- Blair Redford as John Proudstar/Thunderbird
- Emma Dumont as Lorna Dane/Polaris
- Joe Nemmers as Agent Ed Weeks
- Elena Satine as Dreamer
- Sharon Gless as Ellen Strucker
- Garret Dillahunt as Dr Roderick Campbell
- Jermaine Rivers as Shatter
- Chris Butler as Dr. Watkins
- Dinarte DeFreitas as Pedro
Continuity and References to the X-Men Universe
- Dreamer is introduced.
- Dr Roderick Campbell is introduced.
- The X-Men and The Brotherhood of Mutants are mentioned.
- Turner mentioned the July 15th incident.
- Episode director Len Wiseman was interested in directing X-Men Origins: Wolverine.
- This is Elena Satine's third comic-book role, after appearing as Mera in Smallville and as Lorelei in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D..
- Dreamer is known in the comics as Beautiful Dreamer, a leader of the Morlock group with the power to affect people's memories through their dreams.
- Sharon Gless (grandma Strucker) was one half of Cagney & Lacey. Her acting partner on that show, Tyne Daly appeared in another Marvel production the same year with Spider-Man: Homecoming.
- In the scene at the hospital, when Kate and Marcos are stealing the drugs to treat Clarice, the Public Address system announces that "Dr. Wiseman" is needed in the waiting room. Len Wiseman is an Executive Producer of the series and directed this episode.
- Sharon Gless, Coby Bell, and Garret Dillahunt, have appeared in another show helmed by Matt Nix, "Burn Notice".
- This episode washes out Lorna Danes dyed hair to reveal her natural green as in the comics.