|The Amazing Spider-Man 3|
|Writer(s):|| Alex Kurtzman|
The Amazing Spider-Man 3 was the planned sequel to The Amazing Spider-Man 2. It was ultimately cancelled after Sony made a deal with Marvel Studios to bring Spider-Man into the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
- Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker/Spider-Man
- Paul Giamatti as Aleksei Sytsevich/The Rhino
- Dane DeHaan as Harry Osborn/Green Goblin
- Shailene Woodley as Mary Jane Watson
- Sally Field as May Parker
- All production has been stopped for production on another Spider-Man reboot.
- On March 15th 2014, director Marc Webb confirmed that this would be his last film in the series. Although, Webb claimed that he would still be a producer on any future sequels.
- The film was originally scheduled to be released on June 10, 2016, but Sony announced in summer 2014 that they had pushed the movie back to 2018 in order to release the Sinister Six movie, which was scheduled to premiere on November 11, 2016.
- This would have been the first Spider-Man movie where a villain returns from a previous movie. Paul Giamatti confirmed that the Rhino would return in the third film, but it is unknown if he would have had a major role.
- According to an interview with Indiewire on May 2, 2014, The Amazing Spider-Man 2 producers Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach say that as long as they are in control, Peter Parker will remain as the cinematic Spider-Man. Although, since Andrew Garfield's contract would have expired after this film, and he has heavily implied multiple times that he wouldn't extend it, the producers might not have had much of a choice in the matter.
- On Peter Parker passing the torch to Miles Morales in this film, Andrew Garfield stated: "Miles Morales was a huge moment in this character's comic book life. And I do believe that we can do that. It's something I'm really interested in figuring out; an eloquent way of coexisting, or passing on the torch. I don't have an answer, but I think it's actually a really important move. I think it's a really beautiful and important move. I want it to feel like a circle. I want the two ends to join, somehow. I don't know what that means, yet. I don't know what that means in terms of the quantity of Spider-Man movies I do. But I know that I don't particularly want to be a 40-year-old Spider-Man. [Laughs] I do know that time is fleeting."
- This sequel, along with a fourth film, was announced eleven months before The Amazing Spider-Man 2 came out in theaters.
- When commenting on Gwen's return in this film after being killed in the previous movie, Emma Stone told Screen Rant: "I dunno, there's this whole plot-line, so it could happen, we could bring her back."
|Earth-96283||Released||Spider-Man | Spider-Man 2 | Spider-Man 3|
|Earth-120703||Released||The Amazing Spider-Man | The Amazing Spider-Man 2|
|Cancelled||The Sinister Six | The Amazing Spider-Man 3|
|Upcoming||Spider-Man: Far From Home | Spider-Man: Homecoming 3|
|Animated||Upcoming||Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse|