|The Amazing Spider-Man (1977)|
|Running Time:||90 minutes|
The Amazing Spider-Man is a TV movie from 1977 which led to the TV series.
Peter Parker, a freelance photographer for the Daily Bugle is bitten by a radioactive spider and discovers he has gained superpowers, such as super-strength, agility and the ability to climb sheer walls and ceilings. When he finds out that a Guru will force 10 New Yorkers to commit suicide unless he receives $10 million, he creates a costume, a webshooter, and a utility belt to help stop the crook and his samurais. After inventing a super-sticky web serum, he dons his home made costume and begins fighting crime as the superhero Spider-Man.
- Nicholas Hammond as Spider-Man / Peter Parker
- David White as J. Jonah Jameson
- Chip Fields as Rita Conway
- Ellen Bry as Julie Masters
- Michael Pataki as Captain Barbera
- Hilly Hicks as Joe "Robbie" Robertson
- Lisa Eilbacher as Judy Tyler
- Jeff Donnell as Aunt May Parker
- Robert Hastings as Monahan
- Ivor Francis as Professor Noah Tyler
- Thayer David as Edward Byron
The film was not released on VHS until 1980.