|Appeared in|| Iron Man|
Iron Man 2
Iron Man 3
Marvel One-Shot: All Hail the King
The Ten Rings is the name of the terrorist organization that abducted Tony Stark in Iron Man. The organization's name and iconography was later appropriated by Aldrich Killian's think tank A.I.M. who falsely claimed that his actor, Trevor Slattery was their leader, The Mandarin, and placed blame on the group for his illegal activities. Despite this, it was revealed that the Ten Rings were still active (although in hiding) and that the true Mandarin was their leader in the Marvel One-Shot: All Hail the King. The organization itself spans the globe, bringing in people from different backgrounds, nations, and cultures.
A terrorist group kidnaps Tony Stark, who are initially assumed to be Islamic fundamentalists before being revealed to be The Ten Rings. The group is damaged deeply by the attack by Tony Stark's metallic battle suit. The group receives much of its weaponry from Stark Industries through Obadiah Stane. Raza, the leader of the Ten Rings, has a single red ring that he rubs with his other hand. He also makes a reference to Genghis Khan when speaking to Stark and Yinsen.
One of the members gave Ivan Vanko a fake ID and a ticket to the Grand Prix De Monaco.
Iron Man 3 Prelude
Months later, after Vanko attacked the Stark Expo, the Ten Rings seemingly set up a trap for James Rhodes, a friend of Stark and pilot of the War Machine armor, in order to take his suit, but they failed. However, the soldiers of the Ten Rings informed their supposed leader, the "Mandarin", that they managed to scan the armor during the battle and get enough information that would help them against Tony Stark.
It was implied that the Ten Rings had struck various places around the globe - including Tony Stark's house in Malibu, to fulfill the Mandarin's plans to take over America. It was revealed that these incidents were merely financed by Aldrich Killian's A.I.M. who had appropriated the organization's name for his own schemes. This includes the appropriation of the name of the Mandarin as well as the modification of the War Machine armor. Though Aldrich Killian was killed, the terrorist organization remains active.
Jackson Norriss, a member of the Ten Rings, poses as a documentary filmmaker and meets with Trevor Slattery. He eventually informs Slattery that his portrayal has angered some people, including the actual Mandarin, leader of Ten Rings terrorist group, who Slattery did not know existed. Norriss tells him the history of the Mandarin and the terrorist group, before revealing his true identity and the real reason for Norriss interviewing Slattery, which to break him out of prison so he can meet the actual Mandarin.
To be added
- The Mandarin - Leader
- Raza - Commander
- Abu Bakar - Commander
- Jackson Norriss - Operative
- Naib - Operative
- Richard Frampton - Operative
- Agent - Operative
- Cordo Gaines - Partner
- Omar - Member
- Ahmed - Member
- Ivan Vanko - Client; Vanko received a forged passport from a Ten Rings representative.
- Obadiah Stane - Weapons Supplier/Client.
- Trevor Slattery - Impersonated actual leader.
- Aldrich Killian - Appropriated their name to use as a front.
- A.I.M - Used Ten Rings as a front for illegal activities; no relation to actual organization.
- Tony Stark/Iron Man - Former Captive
- Ho Yinsen - Captive
- James Rhodes
- Nick Fury
- Phil Coulson
- Marvel Cinematic Universe (3 films)
- Marvel Cinematic Universe (10 comics)
- Iron Man: I Am Iron Man!
- Iron Man: Security Measures
- Iron Man 2: Public Identity
- Iron Man 2: Black Widow: Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.
- Iron Man 2: Nick Fury: Director of S.H.I.E.L.D.
- Iron Man 2: Phil Coulson: Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.
- Iron Man: Will Online Evils Prevail?
- The Avengers: Black Widow Strikes
- Iron Man 3 Prelude
- The Avengers: Iron Man Mark VII
- The name 'Ten Rings' refers to the ten rings that give the Mandarin his powers in the original comics. Separately, Aldrich Killian is revealed to have appropriated both the iconography of the Ten Rings and the identity of the Mandarin as part of his scheme.
- Faran Tahir, the actor who plays Raza, expressed concern about the possibility of the film causing offence to a Muslim audience by portraying the Ten Rings as Islamic caricatures, and suggested the idea of the organization having members from various different nations.
- The Ten Rings have been officially classified as "dormant" by the government but according to Norris, they are becoming more active. It is more than likely this is due to Slattery and Killian tarnishing their reputation in the media.
- Jackson calls the Ten Rings the "rings of our faith" implying that the organization is not only a terrorist cell but a cult as well with the Mandarin, the owner of the ten rings, as a religious figurehead.
- During All Hail the King, the files Jackson Norris shows to Trevor display a map of China as one of the possible areas of operation for the Mandarin.