|Writer(s):|| James Vanderbilt (early draft)|
|Expected Release:||May 5, 2011|
Spider-Man 4 was the planned sequel to Spider-Man 3 that was cancelled.
- Tobey Maguire as Peter Parker/Spider-Man
- Kirsten Dunst as Mary Jane Watson
- Rosemary Harris as May Parker
- J.K. Simmons as J. Jonah Jameson
- Dylan Baker as Curt Connors/The Lizard
- John Malkovich as Adrian Toomes/The Vulture
- Anne Hathaway as Felicia Hardy/The Vulturess
- All production has been stopped for production on a Spider-Man reboot.
- Director Sam Raimi stated in a interview with MTV he would like to have The Sinister Six built up in the coming Spider-Man movies.
- David Koepp turned down the chance to write the script.
- Director Sam Raimi is a fan of Morbius the Living Vampire, citing his "combination of superhero + supernatural," (Raimi had started out with horror films.) though he's recently stated, in an interview, that Morbius won't be featured. But, he will be mentioned in the coming movies. He stated there will be a New York central villain, though.
- Screenwriter James Vanderbilt was signed on after impressing the studio with his focus on characterization.
- Producer Grant Curtis, director Sam Raimi and actor Dylan Baker expressed interest in making the film's main antagonist the Lizard (Curtis is a fan of the character). The Lizard's alter-ego, Dr Curt Connors (played by Baker), had featured extensively in the previous films; in fact in Spider-Man 3 (2007) he was seen carrying out research on animals, which led to his fateful mutation.
- Sam Raimi expressed interest in filming second unit shots in his home state of Michigan, having considered it for Spider-Man 3 (2007) before opting for the cheaper area of Cleveland, Ohio.
- After much disagreements between both Sam Raimi and Sony, Sam and Toby Maguire dropped out of Spider-Man 4. Marvel and Sony have decided to reboot Spider-Man for a 2012 release.
- Disagreements on the movie took place in December when Sony was pushing Vulture as the new editor of the Daily Bugle. Along with re-creating Felicia Hardy into "Vulturess", unlike the comic book where she is Black Cat, they also wanted her to be the daughter of the Vulture.
- Durring the writing of the Spider-Man 4 script, James Vanderblit was put to write a reboot script, just in case Sam Raimi ever dropped out.
- ↑ Tobey Maguire, Sam Raimi Sign On for "Spider-Man 4": Report MTV.com, 9-5-08
- ↑ Spider-Man 4 Goes IMAX Hits Theaters May 5, 2011 Filmschoolrejects.com, 9-15-09
|Earth-96283||Released||Spider-Man | Spider-Man 2 | Spider-Man 3|
|Earth-120703||Released||The Amazing Spider-Man | The Amazing Spider-Man 2|
|Cancelled||The Sinister Six | The Amazing Spider-Man 3|
|Animated||Upcoming||Untitled Animated Spider-Man|