Read on only if you don't mind reading spoilers for the film.
|Writer(s):|| John Francis Daley|
Jonathan M. Goldstein
|Release Date:||July 7, 2017|
|Running Time:||133 minutes|
Spider-Man: Homecoming is a reboot of the Spider-Man franchise and sixteenth film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe has Peter Parker juggling school and being a superhero. The film is part of the deal between Marvel Studios and Sony Pictures Entertainment.
Following the Battle of New York, Adrian Toomes and his salvage company are contracted to clean up the city, but their operation is taken over by Tony Stark's U.S. Department of Damage Control (D.O.D.C.). Enraged at being driven out of business, Toomes persuades his employees to keep the Chitauri technology they have already scavenged and use it to create and sell advanced weapons. Eight years later, Peter Parker is drafted into the Avengers by Stark to help with an internal dispute,[N 2] but resumes his studies at the Midtown School of Science and Technology when Stark tells him he is not yet ready to become a full Avenger.
Parker quits his school's academic decathlon team to spend more time focusing on his crime-fighting activities as Spider-Man. One night, after preventing criminals from robbing an ATM with their advanced weapons from Toomes, Parker returns to his Queens apartment where his best friend Ned discovers his secret identity. On another night, Parker comes across Toomes' associates Jackson Brice / Shocker and Herman Schultz selling weapons to local criminal Aaron Davis. Parker nearly drowns intervening, and is rescued by Stark, who is monitoring the Spider-Man suit he gave Parker and warns him against involvement with the dangerous criminals. Toomes accidentally kills Brice with one of their weapons, and Schultz becomes the new Shocker.
Parker and Ned study a weapon left behind by Brice, removing its power core. When a tracking device on Schultz leads to Maryland, Parker rejoins the decathlon team and accompanies them to Washington, D.C. for their national tournament. Ned and Parker disable the tracker Stark implanted in the Spider-Man suit, and unlock its advanced features. Parker tries to stop Toomes from stealing weapons from a D.O.D.C. truck, but is overpowered and trapped inside the truck, causing him to miss the decathlon tournament. When he discovers that the power core is an unstable Chitauri grenade, Parker races to the Washington Monument where the core explodes and traps Ned and their friends in an elevator. Evading local authorities, Parker saves his friends, including his fellow classmate and crush Liz. Returning to New York City, Parker persuades Davis to reveal Toomes' whereabouts. Aboard the Staten Island Ferry, Parker captures Toomes' new buyer Mac Gargan, but Toomes escapes and a malfunctioning weapon tears the ferry in half. Stark helps Parker save the passengers before admonishing him for his recklessness and taking away his suit.
Parker returns to his high school life, and eventually asks Liz to go to the homecoming dance with him. On the night of the dance, Parker learns that Liz is Toomes' daughter. Deducing Parker's secret identity, Toomes threatens retaliation if he interferes with his plans. During the dance, Parker realizes Toomes is planning to hijack a D.O.D.C. plane transporting weapons from Avengers Tower to the team's new headquarters. He dons his old homemade Spider-Man suit and races to Toomes' lair. He is first ambushed by Schultz, but defeats him with the help of Ned. At the lair, Toomes destroys the building's support beams and leaves Parker to die. Parker is able to escape the rubble and intercepts the plane, steering it to crash on the beach near Coney Island. He and Toomes engage in an open confrontation that ends with Parker saving Toomes' life from his own unstable equipment, and leaving him for the police along with the plane's cargo. After her father's arrest, Liz moves away, and Parker declines an invitation from Stark to join the Avengers full time. Stark returns Parker's suit, which he puts on at his apartment just as his Aunt May walks in.
Some time later, an incarcerated Gargan approaches Toomes in prison. Gargan has heard that Toomes knows Spider-Man's real identity, but Toomes denies this.
In a post-credit scene, Captain America records another Public Service Announcement about patience while asking the people filming when he is finished making all of the videos.
- Tom Holland as Peter Parker/Spider-Man
- Michael Keaton as Adrian Toomes/Vulture
- Jon Favreau as Happy Hogan
- Zendaya Coleman as Michelle Jones
- Jacob Batalon as Ned Leeds
- Laura Harrier as Liz Toomes
- Tony Revolori as Flash Thompson
- Donald Glover as Aaron Davis
- Tyne Daly as Anne Marie Hoag
- Marisa Tomei as May Parker
- Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark/Iron Man
- Bokeem Woodbine as Herman Schultz/Shocker
- Logan Marshall-Green as Jackson Brice/Shocker
- Michael Chernus as Phineas Mason/The Tinkerer
- Abraham Attah as Abraham Brown
- Hannibal Buress as Coach Wilson
- Kenneth Choi as Principal Morita
- Selenis Leyva as Ms. Warren
- Angourie Rice as Betty Brant
- Martin Starr as Mr. Harrington
- Gwyneth Paltrow as Pepper Potts
- Jennifer Connelly as Karen
- Garcelle Beauvais as Doris Toomes
- Michael Mando as Mac Gargan
- Gary Weeks as Agent Foster
- Christopher Berry as Randy Vale
- Jorge Lendeborg Jr. as Jason Ionello
- Tunde Adebimpe as Mr. Cobbwell
- Tiffany Espensen as Cindy Moon
- Isabella Amara as Sally Avril
- Michael Barbieri as Charles Murphy
- Ethan Dizon as Tiny McKeever
- J.J. Totah as Seymour O'Reilly
- Hernky Madera as Mr. Delmar
- Zach Cherry as Street Vendor
- Kirk Thatcher as Punk on street
- Yu Lew as Car Jacker
- Sondra James as Yelling Woman
- Bob Adrian as Yelling Man
- Gary Richardson as Day Sleeper
- Stan Lee as Gary
- Joe Hang as Thai Waiter
- Wayne Péré as History Teacher
- Chris Evans as Steve Rogers/Captain America
- Martha Kelly as Tour Guide
- Jona Xiao as a to-be-confirmed character
Continuity and References to the Marvel Cinematic Universe
- Midtown School of Science & Technology is introduced.
- Adrian Toomes/The Vulture is introduced.
- Phineas Mason/The Tinkerer is introduced.
- Herman Schultz/Shocker is introduced.
- Flash Thompson is introduced.
- Liz Toomes is introduced.
- Betty Brant is introduced.
- Ned Leeds is introduced.
- Michelle Jones is introduced.
- Mac Gargan is introduced.
- Aaron Davis is introduced.
- The Avengers are mentioned.
- Steve Rogers/Captain America appears.
- Tony Stark appears.
- May Parker appears.
- Happy Hogan appears.
- Pepper Potts appears.
- Avengers Tower appears.
- New Avengers Facility appears.
- WHIH News appears.
- The Daily Bugle newspapers appear.
- The Stark Expo appears.
- Chitauri Chariot appears.
- Quinjet appears.
- Ben Parker is indirectly mentioned.
- Miles Morales is mentioned.
- James Rhodes/War Machine is shown in screen footage.
- Black Widow is shown in screen footage, mentioned and drawing.
- Black Panther is shown in screen footage.
- Ant-Man is shown in screen footage as Giant-Man.
- Thor Odinson is mentioned and shown in drawing.
- Bruce Banner is shown in photograph and Hulk is mentioned and shown in drawing.
- Hawkeye is shown in drawing.
- Howard Stark is shown in photograph and mentioned.
- Abraham Erskine is shown in photograph.
- Jim Morita is shown in photograph.
- Black Hole Grenade appears.
- Ultron is mentioned and a drone head appears.
- Odin Borson is mentioned.
- Vision is mentioned.
- Megingjord, Thor's magic belt is mentioned.
- The Hulkbuster armor is mentioned.
- Captain America's prototype shield is mentioned.
- Sokovia Accords are mentioned.
- The events from The Avengers, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Avengers: Age of Ultron and Captain America: Civil War are mentioned.
- The opening scene where Toomes and his team clean up the location where Hulk punched Thor in The Avengers appears.
- Peter taking Captain America's shield is mentioned.
- Triskelion is mentioned.
- Sokovia is mentioned.
- Chitauri are mentioned.
- Crossbones' gauntlets have been modified and are utilised by the Shocker.
- One of the Ultron Sentries' arm is used as Ultron Blaster Gun.
- Iron Spider suit is introduced.
- Homework can wait. The city can't.
The film was shot in Atlanta, Georgia, Berlin, Germany and New York City.
Promotion, Filming,and Concept Art
|Earth-96283||Released||Spider-Man | Spider-Man 2 | Spider-Man 3|
|Earth-120703||Released||The Amazing Spider-Man | The Amazing Spider-Man 2|
|Cancelled||The Sinister Six | The Amazing Spider-Man 3|
|Animated||Upcoming||Untitled Animated Spider-Man|
|Marvel Cinematic Universe|
|Phase 1||Iron Man | The Incredible Hulk | Iron Man 2 | Thor | Captain America: The First Avenger | The Avengers|
|Phase 2|| Iron Man 3 | Thor: The Dark World | Captain America: The Winter Soldier | Guardians of the Galaxy|
Avengers: Age of Ultron | Ant-Man
|Phase 3|| Captain America: Civil War | Doctor Strange | Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 | Spider-Man: Homecoming |
Thor: Ragnarok | Black Panther | Avengers: Infinity War | Captain Marvel | Avengers 4
|One-Shots|| The Consultant | A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Thor’s Hammer | Item 47 | Agent Carter |
All Hail the King
|TV Shows||Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | Agent Carter|
|Netflix Series||Daredevil | Jessica Jones | Luke Cage | Iron Fist | The Defenders | The Punisher|