Read on only if you don't mind reading spoilers for the film.
|Writer(s):|| John Francis Daley|
Jonathan M. Goldstein
|Expected Release:||July 7, 2017|
Spider-Man: Homecoming is an upcoming film as part of the deal between Marvel Studios and Sony Pictures Entertainment. It will be a reboot of the Spider-Man franchise, and sixteenth film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
A young Peter Parker/Spider-Man begins to navigate his newfound identity as the web-slinging super hero in Spider-Man: Homecoming. Thrilled by his experience with the Avengers, Peter returns home, where he lives with his Aunt May, under the watchful eye of his new mentor Tony Stark. Peter tries to fall back into his normal daily routine – distracted by thoughts of proving himself to be more than just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man – but when the Vulture emerges as a new villain, everything that Peter holds most important will be threatened.
- Tom Holland as Peter Parker/Spider-Man
- Michael Keaton as Adrian Toomes/Vulture
- Zendaya Coleman as Michelle
- Donald Glover as a to-be-confirmed character
- Jacob Batalon as Ned Leeds
- Laura Harrier as Liz Allan
- Tony Revolori as Flash Thompson
- Tyne Daly as a to-be-confirmed character
- Bokeem Woodbine as Herman Schultz/Shocker
- Marisa Tomei as May Parker
- Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark/Iron Man
- Michael Chernus as Phineas Mason/Tinkerer
- Jon Favreau as Happy Hogan
- Chris Evans as Steve Rogers/Captain America
- Logan Marshall-Green as Jackson “Montana” Brice
- Michael Barbieri as to-be-confirmed character
- Kenneth Choi as a to-be-confirmed character
- Martin Starr as a to-be-confirmed character
- Hannibal Buress as a to-be-confirmed character
- Angourie Rice as Gwen Stacy
- Isabella Amara as a to-be-confirmed character
- Jorge Lendeborg Jr. as a to-be-confirmed character
- J.J. Totah as a to-be-confirmed character
- Selenis Leyva as a to-be-confirmed character
- Abraham Attah as a to-be-confirmed character
- Michael Mando as a to-be-confirmed character
- Garcelle Beauvais as a to-be-confirmed character
- Tiffany Espensen as a to-be-confirmed character
- Martha Kelly as a to-be-confirmed character
- Tyron Woodley as a to-be-revealed character
- Jona Xiao as a to-be-confirmed character
- To-be-confirmed actor as Ben Parker
Continuity and References to the Marvel Cinematic Universe
- Midtown School of Science & Technology is introduced.
- The Vulture is introduced.
- The Tinkerer is introduced.
- Shocker is introduced.
- Flash Thompson is introduced.
- Liz Allan is introduced.
- Ned Leeds is introduced.
- Michelle is introduced.
- Steve Rogers/Captain America appears.
- Tony Stark appears.
- May Parker appears.
- Happy Hogan appears.
- Avengers Tower appears.
- New Avengers Facility appears.
- WHIH News appears.
- The Daily Bugle newspapers appear.
- The Stark Expo appears.
- The Airport Battle is mentioned.
- The Avengers are mentioned.
- Peter taking Captain America's shield is mentioned.
- Crossbones' gauntlets have been modified and are utilised by the Shocker.
- A photo of Howard Stark is shown.
- A photo of Bruce Banner is shown.
In April 2015, while promoting Avengers: Age of Ultron, Feige stated that the character of Peter Parker would be about 15 to 16 years old. He also added that the film would not be an origin story for the character, saying, “In Spider-Man’s very specific case, where there have been two retellings of that origin in the last whatever it’s been – [thirteen] years – for us we are going to take it for granted that people know that, and the specifics. But... [i]t is inherent to who his character is. [W]e want to reveal it in different ways and spend much more time focusing on this young high school kid in the MCU dealing with his powers.” Feige also stated that Marvel had been working to add Spider-Man to the MCU since at least October 2014, when they announced their full slate of Phase Three films, saying, "Marvel doesn’t announce anything officially until it’s set in stone. So we went forward with that Plan A in October, with the Plan B being, if [the deal] were to happen with Sony, how it would all shift. We’ve been thinking about [the Spider-Man film] as long as we’ve been thinking about Phase Three.” Later in the month, a shortlist of actors to play Spider-Man was revealed. Actors on the short list include: Nat Wolff, Asa Butterfield, Tom Holland, Timothee Chalamet and Liam James. Along with the actor shortlist, The Wrap also notes that Drew Goddard was still in talks to direct. By the end of the month, Holland and Butterfield were reportedly the front runners to portray Spider-Man.
In May 2015, Deadline reported that a short list of directors were in the running to direct the film, it includes: Ted Melfi, Jonathan Levine, directing duo John Francis Daley & Jonathan M. Goldstein, Jared Hess, Jason Moore, and Jon Watts. By the end of the month, Butterfield, Holland, Judah Lewis, Matthew Lintz, Charlie Plummer and Charlie Rowe screen tested for the lead role. The six were chosen out of a search of over 1,500 actors to test in front of Feige, Pascal and the Russo brothers, the directors of Captain America: Civil War, with a casting expected by early June 2015.
In June 2015, Levine and Melfi became favorites to the direct the film, with Daley, Goldstein and Jon Watts also in consideration. Later in the month, Tom Holland was officially cast as Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Jon Watts was confirmed to direct.
In July 2015, Marisa Tomei was cast as Aunt May. Later in the month, John Francis Daley and Jonathan M. Goldstein, who were also in talks to direct the film, are in talks to write the screenplay. By the end of the month, Daley and Goldstein officially signed on to write the film.
In March 2016, Zendaya is cast as a character named Michelle. 
In April 2016, the title was revealed as Spider-Man: Homecoming. Later in the month, Michael Keaton was in early talks to join the film and Laura Harrier was cast in an unspecified role while Tony Revolori was cast as Peter Parker's friend Manuel. Towards the end of the month, Robert Downey Jr. joined the cast as Tony Stark/Iron Man and Michael Keaton dropped out of early talks to appear in the film. However, in May 2016, THR reported that Keaton was closing a deal to play the villian of the film, while Deadline revealed that Keaton had in fact closed the deal to play the villian..
Filming ended in October 2016.
In November 2016, Feige confirmed that Keaton would play the Vulture.
- In February 2015, Marvel Studios and Sony Pictures announced a deal between the two studios: first introducing a new Spider-Man into the Marvel Cinematic Universe (presumably Captain America: Civil War, per TWSJ), and then a solo film released by Sony Pictures with Kevin Feige co-producing with Amy Pascal.
- Sony Pictures will continue to finance, distribute, own and have final creative control of the Spider-Man films.
- Andrew Garfield will not be reprising his role as Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Marc Webb will not be returning to direct.
- Sony Spider-Man spin-offs, for the moment, are still in the works. This includes Sinister Six, Venom and the female Spidey characters film that was previously announced.
- Rumored titles for the new film were Spider-Man: The New Avenger and The Spectacular Spider-Man.
- Chandler Riggs of The Walking Dead fame auditioned for the role of Spider-Man.
Promotion, Filming,and Concept Art
- ↑ Sony Pictures Entertainment Brings Marvel Studios Into The Amazing World Of Spider-Man
- ↑ Spider-Man: How Sony, Marvel Will Benefit from Unique Deal (EXCLUSIVE)
- ↑ Marvel Won’t Rule Out Casting A More Diverse Peter Parker For ‘Spider-Man’
- ↑ 
- ↑ 
- ↑ Flash Thompson Revealed in Spider-Man: Homecoming Comic-Con Footage
- ↑ http://comicbook.com/2016/09/01/jon-favreau-to-return-as-happy-hogan-in-spider-man-homecoming/
- ↑ SCOOP: Logan Marshall-Green's Mystery Role in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Revealed
- ↑ SPOILERS: Angourie Rice's SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING Role Seemingly Revealed
- ↑ https://www.comicbookmovie.com/spider-man/homecoming/spider-man-homecoming-uncle-ben-and-tony-stark-to-have-minimal-roles-in-the-film-a150143
- ↑ The Next ‘Spider-Man’ Will Go Back to High School
- ↑ Dylan O’Brien Says He Is Not Playing Spider-Man
- ↑ ‘Spider-Man’ Reboot: Drew Goddard to Write, Direct for Sony, Marvel
- ↑ Drew Goddard Meeting To Script, Helm New ‘Spider-Man’
- ↑ 'Spider-Man' Reboot Circling Director Drew Goddard
- ↑ SPIDER-MAN: Kevin Feige Confirms Peter Parker; Talks High School Spidey
- ↑ Exclusive: Marvel’s Spider-Man Reboot is NOT an Origin Story
- ↑ ‘Spider-Man’ Shortlist Includes ‘Paper Towns’ Star Nat Wolff, ‘Hugo’s’ Asa Butterfield (Exclusive)
- ↑ 'Spider-Man' Finalists Reportedly Down to Tom Holland and Asa Butterfield
- ↑ Spider-Man Movie: Sony and Marvel Spin Web Of Directors For New Franchise
- ↑ Spider-Man Hopefuls Screen-Test in Atlanta as Marvel Decision Nears (Exclusive)
- ↑ ‘Spider-Man’ Director Short List Topped By Ted Melfi & Jonathan Levine
- ↑ Sony Pictures and Marvel Studios Find Their 'Spider-Man' Star and Director
- ↑ Marisa Tomei to Play Aunt May in New ‘Spider-Man’ Movie (EXCLUSIVE)
- ↑ ‘Spider-Man’ Reboot Finds Its Writers: ‘Vacation’ Duo In Talks
- ↑ Back To Walley World: The Griswolds Go On 'Vacation' Again
- ↑ http://variety.com/2016/film/news/spider-man-reboot-zendaya-1201724216/
- ↑ Marvel’s Spider-Man Movie Reboot Titled Homecoming; Logo Revealed
- ↑ ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ Casts Laura Harrier From ‘One Life to Live’ (Exclusive)
- ↑ http://deadline.com/2016/05/jeff-goldblum-karl-urban-thor-ragnorak-michael-keaton-spider-man-homecoming-1201760365/ 'Spider-Man Reboot Loses One Superhero But Gains Another]
- ↑ Michael Keaton Closing Deal to Play Villain in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- ↑ Michael Keaton Joins ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ After All – Is He The Vulture?; ‘Thor: Ragnarok’ Beefs Up Cast
- ↑ TWITTER: @JnWtts - https://t.co/v11qfzlEQl
- ↑ Kevin Feige Reveals SPIDER-MAN, GOTG2, DOCTOR STRANGE & THOR 3 Production Dates
- ↑ Exclusive: Tom Holland Reveals an Interesting Spider-Man Tidbit
- ↑ 
- ↑ Marvel’s Kevin Feige on 'Doctor Strange', replacing Downey and the blueprint for the MCU
- ↑ Marvel and Sony Reach Deal on Spider-Man Movie Production
- ↑ Marvel’s Phase 3 Release Dates Shift For ‘Spider-Man’
- ↑ ‘Spider-Man’ Questions Answered: What About Andrew Garfield & ‘Sinister Six’?
- ↑ With Marvel Deal, Sony Opts to Lease Rather Than Sell Spider-Man
- ↑ It Cost Marvel Zero Dollars to Get Spider-Man
- ↑ @ChandlerRiggs: good luck to whoever lands spiderman role- it would've been awesome for me! #CaptainAmericaCivilWar @TheWalkingDead pic.twitter.com/msg9fPvckc
|Earth-96283||Released||Spider-Man | Spider-Man 2 | Spider-Man 3|
|Earth-120703||Released||The Amazing Spider-Man | The Amazing Spider-Man 2|
|Cancelled||The Sinister Six | The Amazing Spider-Man 3|
|Animated||Upcoming||Untitled Animated Spider-Man|
|Marvel Cinematic Universe|
|Phase 1||Iron Man | The Incredible Hulk | Iron Man 2 | Thor | Captain America: The First Avenger | The Avengers|
|Phase 2|| Iron Man 3 | Thor: The Dark World | Captain America: The Winter Soldier | Guardians of the Galaxy|
Avengers: Age of Ultron | Ant-Man
|Phase 3|| Captain America: Civil War | Doctor Strange | Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 | Spider-Man: Homecoming |
Thor: Ragnarok | Black Panther | Avengers: Infinity War | Captain Marvel | Avengers 4
|One-Shots|| The Consultant | A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Thor’s Hammer | Item 47 | Agent Carter |
All Hail the King
|TV Shows||Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | Agent Carter|
|Netflix Series||Daredevil | Jessica Jones | Luke Cage | Iron Fist | The Defenders | The Punisher|