|Appeared in||Captain America: The Winter Soldier|
Sharon Carter is Agent 13 of S.H.I.E.L.D..
Nick Fury assigns her to watch over Steve Rogers as his next door neighbor and it is implied that the two have some feelings for each other. Natasha Romanoff attempts to get Steve to ask her out but it fails. When Nick fury is shot at Steve's apartment, Sharon arrives, revealing her cover. She then takes care of Fury until help arrives but he seemingly dies. Later she is part of a team ordered to hunt down Steve in the investigation of Nick Fury's death. It is unknown how much she did to help them. When Steve hacked into the speakers and revealed HYDRA's plans, she participated in helping Steve and stating true to S.H.I.E.L.D.. She later went on to join the CIA after S.H.I.E.L.D's collapse.
Young and attractive. Sharon is guided by a strong moral compass and is not afraid to speak out when her ethics are challenged.
Agent 13 of S.H.I.E.L.D is skilled in martial arts as well as training in the use of firearms.
- Steve Rogers - Neighbor and ally
- Nick Fury - Former superior
- Alexander Pierce - Fromer superior turned enemy; deceased
- Brock Rumlow - Enemy
- Marvel Cinematic Universe (1 film)
Behind the scenes
- Before Emily VanCamp was cast as Sharon, Anna Kendrick, Felicity Jones, Imogen Poots, Teresa Palmer, Alison Brie, Emilia Clarke, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Elizabeth Olsen and Jessica Brown Findlay were considered for the part.
- In the comics, Sharon Carter is the niece of Peggy Carter and eventually falls in love with Steve Rogers. The acknowledgement is not made in the film, though Sharon tells Steve that she was talking to her aunt on the phone, who she describes as "an insomniac", as she was doing her laundry.
- In Captain America: The First Avenger, Amanda Righetti who portrayed an unnamed S.H.I.E.L.D. agent used the call "Code 13" as a reference to both Peggy and Sharon.