Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Sentinel (Mark I)|
|Appeared in|| X-Men: Days of Future Past|
The Mark I Sentinels were created by Trask to hunt down and kill mutants with built-in mutant detectors so the human error wasn't there. Trask pitched the program to countries such as the US and Vietnam only to be shot down. By 1973, eight prototypes had been made.
Trask was assassinated by Mystique. This caused governments worldwide to fear mutants. 8,732 Sentinel models were sold to countries such as the United States, Soviet Union, China, Israel, France, Saudi Arabia, India, and the United Kingdom. The US congress passed the Homeland Containment Act in 1974, which sent Sentinels to the five largest cities in each country. The Sentinels were eventually replaced by the Mark II Sentinels.
Charles Xavier, Wolverine, Magneto, and Beast stop Mystique from killing Trask at the last second, but a fight broke out in which they revealed mutants to the world. This caused Nixon to approve of the Sentinel Program and he arranged a presentation to show the world that the US can defend itself from mutants. However Magneto hacked into the Sentinels and had them attack the humans. Magneto was defeated by Mystique. As the President was saved by a mutant, the Sentinel Program was shut down and Trask was arrested.
Between 1973 and 1996, Trask produced 8,732 Mark I Sentinels for the governments of the United States, China, Russia, Israel, Saudi Arabia, France, India and the United Kingdom. The Mark I generations included the following features:
- AI Cognitive Ability: 88x Human Capability
- Shielding Strength: 20K Ton Pressure Rating
- Power Generation: 20B Kilowatt-Hours
- Detection Technology (MD): 5.05 Trask Industries Processor
- Global network-integrated search identification systems.
- Full digital surveillance interceptors capable of intercepting any form of communication.
- Quantum memory processing.
- 5-mile target radius for genetic guidance system.
- Magnetic shield boost.
- Interchangeable blaster upgrades and thermoplastic ballistic support.
- Height - 18 ft.
- Weight - 4,880 lbs.
- Armament - Dual Trask 873K energy blasters.
- Propulsion - Two G302-TI-99 enhanced performance ion thrusters.
- Max Speed - Mach 0.9
- Ceiling - 45,000+ ft
- Range - 1532.9 m
- Earth-10005 (1 film)
Behind the scenes
To be added
- Because the Sentinel Mark I is based around autonomous systems, it incorporates a hibernative maintenance stasis mode, which offers reduced maintenance costs for maximum efficiency.
- It is 18 feet tall, and weighs 4,880 lbs.