|Appeared in|| Fantastic Four|
Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
- "A few days in space, it'll be great. What's the worst that could happen?"
- ―Reed Richards[src]
Reed Richards, also known as Mr. Fantastic, is the leader of the Fantastic Four.
Brilliant mathematician and physicist, Reed Richards is a humble genius and gifted idealist. Reed has always reached for the stars and would do anything to fund his lifelong dream of an experimental space mission; including cutting a last-ditch, no-win deal with Victor von Doom. But one tiny miscalculation turned into tragedy when a brutal cosmic storm battered the spaceship and its crew. The cosmic rays left Reed the ability to bend, stretch and expand his body in any imaginable way. Reed holds himself responsible for the accident which transformed the Four, and he wraps himself around his work to reverse their condition.
The exposure to the cosmic cloud has brought out the worst in Victor Von Doom. He has turned Ben Grimm against Reed, convincing him that Reed is responsible for Ben's hideous appearance. Slowly Ben realizes that Victor is out to ruin Reed and unites with his friends to stop him. Reed Richards, Sue Storm, Johnny Storm, and Ben Grimm; now the Fantastic Four; battle against their new, electrified enemy, Doctor Doom.
Accustomed to being pulled in different directions, Mr. Fantastic works to realize his potential as boyfriend to Sue, scientist to humanity, and leader to the Four. As the Silver Surfer races around the globe wreaking havoc, the Fantastic Four unravel the mystery of the Silver Surfer and confront the surprising return of their mortal enemy, Doctor Doom.
Powers and Abilities
- Elasticity: Reed has been shown to able to expanding any part of his anatomy at least 1000 feet. He is able to stretch, deform, expand, compress, flatten and inflate the structure part of his body. This has granted him enhanced mobility by shape-shifting his body via stretching or springing his body. He is capable of shape-shifting himself into anything. This makes it impossible to restrain him as he can easily slip out of seemingly form of any restraints.
- Shape-Shifting: His elasticity grants him shape-shifting, he can wrap himself around people (such as Ben and Dr Doom), shape-shift into a ball or just simply shape-shift his hands into fist like weapons. He is capable of stretching far to prevent the London Eye from collapsing.
- Contracting: Using his elasticity, Reed has shown to be capable of contracting at least his hand under a doorway with it locked.
- Superhuman Immunity: Due to the nature of Reeds powers he is almost completely immune to striking and submission holds and can even turn submission holds against his opponents as seen when Ben tried to beat him and couldn't.
- Superhuman Flexibility: For obvious reasons, Reed is flexible, capable of twisting and bending his body in an superhumanly fashion.
- Genius-Level Intellect: Reed is considered the greatest mind ever born, and by how easily he is able to formulate a battle strategy for Doom and the Silver Surfer it's no suprise.
- Skilled Hand-To-Hand Combatant: Thanks to his superhuman elasticity, Reed is an excellent fighter. Reed is able to fight the Thing with no problems even though he is physically superior in every way; except for flexibility.
- Susan Richards - Wife.
- Johnny Storm - Brother-In-law.
- Ben Grimm - Best friend and ally.
- Victor von Doom - Friend turned enemy.
- Silver Surfer - Enemy turned ally.
- H.E.R.B.I.E. - Creation.
- Story series (2 films)
Behind the scenes
This article doesn't have any behind-the-scenes information about this character. Please add some!
- Like The Thing's body, Mr. Fantastic is indestructible making him as stretchy and strong as rubber.
- In a deleted scene from Fantastic Four, Reed asks Sue Storm if she wants him to be more virile and assumes Wolverine's shape by modifying his facial structure.