|Appeared in||Iron Man|
- "The bow and arrow once was the pinnacle of the weapons technology. It was used by Genghis Khan to rule from the Pacific to the Ukraine, An empire twice the size of Alexander the Great and four size of the Roman Empire. But today, whoever holds the latest Stark weapons rules these lands... And soon, it will be my turn."
Raza is one of the leaders of the terrorist association known as the Ten Rings. After a secret agreement with Obadiah Stane, Raza captures Tony Stark, who is in Afghanistan displaying the Jericho Missile. He wants Stark to build him one of the missiles for his own use. (He was originally supposed to kill Stark, but they come to consider him more useful alive.) He calls Stark "The most famous mass murderer in the history of America," and then goes on to say that he is "honored" to meet him.
Later, Raza organizes a meeting with Stane to conduct further deals. Stane arrives at Raza's camp in a convoy with a squad of armed guards. This meeting ends when the Stane betrays him, uses a special device to paralyze him in his tent, and leaves, but not before having has his men dispose of Raza's guards and telling them to "finish up". His fate afterwards is unknown.
Raza had limited screen time, but it was quite obvious that he was a self promoter, and was a very distrusting man, as shown by his almost killing Yinsen out of suspicion.
- Obadiah Stane - Temporary employer.
- Tony Stark - Enemy.
- The Mandarin - Master.
- Omar - Subordinate
- Abu Bakar - Subordinate.
- Marvel Cinematic Universe (2 film)
Behind the scenes
To be added
- Faran Tahir, the actor who plays Raza, expressed concern about the possibility of the film causing offence to a Muslim audience by portraying the gang as Islamic caricatures, and suggested the idea of the gang having members from various different nations.
- In the comics, Raza is also the name of another character: a cyborg alien, and member of the Starjammers.
- The closest counterpart Raza has in the comic world is Wong-Chu, a former North Vietnamese officer who also captured Tony Stark and killed Yinsen. He was killed by Stark using the first version of the Iron Man armor.