|Appeared in||Guardians of the Galaxy|
- "Bring it down!"
Raised in the service of the interplanetary warlord Thanos as his adopted daughter, Nebula trained to be a Galaxy-Class Killer. Nebula would often train along Thanos' other adopted daughter Gamora. One training scenario on the arboreal world of Dervani saw Nebula and Gamora pitched against each other in a competition to retrieve a data ingot for Ronan. The girls sparred on the surface, leading to Gamora throwing Nebula of a cliff, severely injuring her and requiring multiple cybernetic replacements. Upon reaching adulthood, Nebula was sent on a mission to locate The Orb for Thanos, on the planet Praxius IX, inside of one of the Cloud Tombs of Praxis, Nebula fell into a trap. Ensnared by an impenetrable Laser Thorn Energy Net, Nebula found herself at the mercy of the inhabitants and needed to be rescued by Gamora. Never one to tolerate failure, Thanos ordered Gamora to leave Nebula behind, with only a sharp blade to free herself. Nebula was forced to amputate her own arm in order to escape the netting.
A blue-skinned deadly assassin, Nebula is a loyal assassin in Thanos’ employ. Her advanced skill set and cybernetic enhancements make her a valuable asset but her resentment of Thanos’ other adoptive daughter Gamora may prove to be her Achilles heel. Thanos lends her services to Ronan the Accuser to help him retrieve The Orb.
To be added
- Peter Quill - Enemy
- Drax the Destroyer - Enemy
- Groot - Enemy
- Rocket Raccoon - Enemy
- Gamora - Adoptive sister turned enemy
- Thanos - Adoptive father and Ally
- Ronan - Ally
- Marvel Cinematic Universe (1 film)
- Marvel Cinematic Universe (1 comic)
Behind the scenes
- Karen Gillan shaved her head for the role.
- Karen Gillan was once believed to play Angela.
- In the comics, Nebula is a space pirate and mercenary rather than an assassin and Thanos is her alleged grandfather rather than adopted father.
- In the comics, Nebula is a recurring foe of the Avengers and the Silver Surfer rather than the Guardians of the Galaxy.