- This article is about the The Amazing Spider-Man character. For the character from the Raimi series, see May Parker (Raimi series).
|Appeared in|| The Amazing Spider-Man|
The Amazing Spider-Man 2
- "Peter, listen to me. Secrets have a cost, they are not for free. not now, not even!"
- ―May Parker[src]
Originally a very naive girl in her youth, she eventually discovered her affections for her schoolmate Ben Parker and married him. When Richard and Mary Parker dropped their son Peter off at May and her husbands house the two ended up raising the boy as if he was their own son.
Years later Peter came home with a bruise on his face where Peter told her he got into an accident on his skateboard. Days Later Ben and May noticed that Peter had been acting strange when he came home late one night and ate a variety of things from the fridge. When Peter forgot to pick up May for him Ben was outraged and scolded Peter on how his father believed in a principle of people taking care of their responsbilites however an outraged Peter pointed out the hypocrisy in his statement noting how his father had abandoned his responsibiltes of being a father. Peter then left in a rage with Ben going after him. However while looking for him Ben encountered a burgler and was shot while trying to stop him. As May mourned Peter started coming home later and later things came to a head when May discovered his bruises and told him that secrets have a cost. Later when a Large Lizard creature attacked New York May was beside the TV watching the events play out. When the threat was stopped Peter returned home with scratches and bruises but he also returned with the eggs she had asked for earlier on. The two embraced with May comforting her hurting nephew. The next day when Gwen Stacy came by Peter asked her why he didn't ask her out Peter told her it was because he was no good for her but May assured him he was.
- "Everyone has a part of themselves that they hide, even from the ones they love."
- ―May Parker [src]
To be added
- Ben Parker - Husband; deceased.
- Peter Parker - Nephew.
- Richard Parker - Brother-in-law; deceased.
- Mary Parker - Sister-in-law; deceased.
- Canon (2 films)
Behind the scenes
This article doesn't have any behind-the-scenes information about this character. Please add some!
- This version of Aunt May is closer to the Ultimate version of the character in the comics rather than the Earth-616 version that inspired Sam Raimi's version.
- However, this version of Aunt May also has elements of the Earth-616 version in which in later times, she comes to know that Peter is Spider-Man.
- It isn't made clear at the end of The Amazing Spider-Man whether or not Aunt May figures out that Peter is Spider-Man.
The Amazing Spider-Man
The Amazing Spider-Man 2