|"Suckas Need Bodyguards"|
|Writer(s):||Nathan Louis Jackson|
|Original airdate:||September 30, 2015|
|Previous Episode:||"Just to Get a Rep"|
"Suckas Need Bodyguards" is the sixth episode of season one of Luke Cage.
To be added
- Mike Colter as Luke Cage
- Mahershala Ali as Cornell Stokes/Cottonmouth
- Elijah Boothe as Young Cornell Stokes (photo)
- Simone Missick as Misty Knight
- Theo Rossi as Hernan Alvarez/Shades
- Rosario Dawson as Claire Temple
- Alfre Woodard as Mariah Dillard
- Megan Miller as Young Mariah Dillard (photo)
- Frank Whaley as Rafael Scarfe
- Sônia Braga as Soledad Temple
- Rachael Taylor as Trish Walker (voice only)
- Ron Cephas Jones as Bobby Fish
- Sonja Sohn as Betty Audrey
- Manny Perez as Perez
- Jaiden Kane as Zip
- Tijuana Ricks as Thembi Wallace
- Danny Henriquez as Diontey
- Jeremy Sample as C-Money
- Andrew Rein as Eric Fraser
- Kendall Lloyd as Port Security Officer
- John Clarence Stewart as Alex
- Curtis Cook as Peter "Pistol Pete" Stokes (photo)
Continuity and References to the Marvel Cinematic Universe
- Trish Walker appears on the radio with her show Trish Talk.
- Metro-General Hospital and Hell's Kitchen is mentioned.
- The events from Daredevil and Jessica Jones seasons 1 are mentioned.
- Jessica Jones is mentioned as Luke Cage's "girlfriend".
- Chico Diaz is mentioned.
- Earl Scarfe is mentioned.
- Tone is mentioned.
- Joel Spurlock is mentioned.
- Damon Boone is mentioned.
- Wilson Fisk/Kingpin is mentioned.
- "Suckas Needs Bodyguards" is a song from the album Hard to Earn of the hip-pop duo Gang Starr.
- As the episode opens a voiceover from the radio show "Trish Talk" is playing. Trish Walker is the best friend of Jessica Jones. Trish is a main character in season one of Jessica Jones. Luke Cage also appears in a few episodes of Jessica Jones. Claire Temple appears in the last episode of season one of Jessica Jones and even references that appearance in this episode.
- At the end of the episode, when Misty is talking to her boss, her boss makes a reference to Fisk from Daredevil.
To be added