|"Who's Gonna Take the Weight?"|
|Original airdate:||September 30, 2015|
|Previous Episode:||"Code of the Streets"|
|Next Episode:||"Step in the Arena"|
"Who's Gonna Take the Weight?" is the third episode of season one of Luke Cage.
To be added
- Mike Colter as Luke Cage
- Mahershala Ali as Cornell Stokes/Cottonmouth
- Simone Missick as Misty Knight
- Alfre Woodard as Mariah Dillard
- Frank Whaley as Rafael Scarfe
- Dawn-Lyen Gardner as Megan McLaren
- Ron Cephas Jones as Bobby Fish
- Jacob Vargas as Domingo Colon
- Jaiden Kaine as Zip
- Brian 'Sene' Marc as Wilfredo "Chico" Diaz Jr.
- Jade Wu as Connie Lin
- Sedly Bloomfield as Joel Spurlock
- Jason Altman as Police Officer
- Darik Bernard as Crispus Thug
- Tationna Bosier as Strung Out Girl
- Gabe Bettio as Detective
- Charles Bradley as himself
Continuity and References to the Marvel Cinematic Universe
- Mjølnir is mentioned.
- Henry "Pop" Hunter is mentioned.
- Tone is mentioned.
- Willis Stryker/Diamondback is mentioned.
- Megan McLaren appears.
- Who's Gonna Take the Weight? is a song of the album Step In the Arena of the hip-pop duo Gang Starr.
- Bobby Fish no doubt is a play on words. Bobby Fischer was a chess world champion who famously disappeared.
- The suit tailor, Dapper Dan is also the name of the hair pomade used by Ulysses Everett in O brother Where Art Thou?
- Product placement: Mr. Stokes drinks VOSS water.
- This scene where Mystie Blake and Scarfe are talking, Scarfe is agreeing with Luke Cage being a vigilante and he says 'unless this firearm I'm holding turns into a magical hammer, I ain't interested' this has got to be a subtle reference to Donald Blake, the doctor who grabs his walking stick which turns into Mjolnir.
- The missile used by Cottonmouth in the ending, is the US-made MANPAD FIM-92 Stinger. The warhead is rather small, only 3kgs, and should not cause that amount of damage. Also, Cottonmouth failed to extend the sights, so the missile had nothing locked on - not that it mattered in the scene.
To be added