|Original airdate:||March 22, 2017|
|Previous Episode:||"Chapter 6"|
|Next Episode:||"Chapter 8"|
"Chapter 7" is the seventh episode of the first season of Legion.
David tries to find a way out of his predicament.
- Dan Stevens as David Haller/Legion
- Rachel Keller as Sydney "Syd" Barrett
- Aubrey Plaza as Lenny Busker/
- Bill Irwin as Cary Loudermilk
- Jeremie Harris as Ptonomy Wallace
- Amber Midthunder as Kerry Loudermilk
- Katie Aselton as Amy Haller
- Carmela Nossa Guizzo as Amy (Age 4)
- Jean Smart as Melanie Bird
- Jemaine Clement as Oliver Bird
- Hamish Linklater as Clark Debussy
- Mackenzie Gray as The Eye
- Brad Mann as Rudy
- Tatyana Forrest as David's Mom
- Dario Giordani as David's Dad
- Michael Brent Nathanson as Bald Man
Continuity and References to the Earth-10005
To be added
- During a flashback in the shadow king mind, a wheelchair with an X symbol on it can be seen, implying that like in the comics, David is Charles Xavier's son.
- Charles Xavier's wheelchair can be seen in the backgroud as a nod to his identity as David's father in the comics. The production team went through the storage containing various wheelchairs from all the X-Men films before settling with the one from X-Men: Apocalypse.
- Dan Stevens spoke with his own accent for the scenes where he acted as David's British doppelgänger. According to Noah Hawley, it was Dan Stevens who suggested that David's "rational mind" should have a British accent. In addition to referencing Stevens' real-life nationality and David's parentage, it also pokes fun at the stereotypical notion of a British accent being associated with intelligence and sophistication.
- The battle between David's father and the Shadow King was adapted from X-Men Vol 1 #117. A version of it is later depicted in "Chapter 11", with footage from the chalkboard sequence being replayed in Farouk's sunglasses. In Marvel Comics canon, this event was what inspired Charles Xavier to form the X-Men.