|Appeared in||The Wolverine|
|Actor||Will Yun Lee|
Kenuichio Harada was a skilled sword fighter, archer and the protector of Mariko Yashida.
Harada was working for Viper, an associate of Master Yashida. The Samurai first discovered Logan during Master Yashida's "funeral," in which he covertly assisted Wolverine and Yukio in attempting to prevent the kidnapping of Mariko Yashida.
He searched for Logan and Mariko throughout Nagasaki, directly reporting to Viper in the process.
Both he and the Black Clan (a personal squad of ninja at his direct command) stood as an obstacle preventing Logan from entering the abandoned research facility in which Mariko was held captive. He and the Clan pelted Logan with anti-Adamantium arrows, (the poison being provided by Viper) ending with Wolverine incapacitated and captured.
While Logan was held captive, Kenichiuro attempted to dissuade Mariko from assisting him, revealing an attraction to her. However, she spurned him, stabbing him with his own knife, running after Logan.
The Samurai displayed a change of heart after this occurrence, serving as an ally to Logan during their final battle with a cyber-armored Yashida, only to be presumably killed by the armor's heated sword after taking a hit for Logan, with Mariko holding his hand just before he perished from the battle wounds.
To be added
- Expert Archer
- Mariko Yashida - Childhood friend and ex-girlfriend.
- Viper - Employee turned enemy.
- Logan/Wolverine - Enemy turned ally.
- Canon (2 films)
- "X-Men: The Movie Prequel: Wolverine" (First Appearance)
- Canon (1 game)
- Harada was featured in X-Men: The Official Game as a member of HYDRA.
- In the comics, Kenuichio is the first Silver Samurai, while in the movie the identity is taken by Ichirō Yashida.
- Despite being on William Stryker, Jr.'s mutant list in X2: X-Men United, Harada is not portrayed as a mutant in The Wolverine.