|Alias(es)|| Mutant 143|
Little Girl 143
|Appeared in|| X2: X-Men United|
X-Men Origins: Wolverine
|Status|| Deceased (Original Timeline)|
Unknown (New Timeline)
|Actor|| Michael Reid McKay|
- "My boy, the great illusionist."
- ―William Stryker[src]
Jason Stryker was a mutant with the power to generate complex telepathic illusions. He was also the son of William Stryker. His father extracts a fluid from his spinal cord that allows him to control people's minds.
In 1973, Trask asked Stryker how old his son was, to which he replied was ten years old.
Jason was sent to the Xavier Institute by his father, in an attempt to cure him of his mutation. Following his return home, he would play games with his parents, toying with their minds. His mother, in an attempt to bore the images out, took a power-drill to her temple and killed herself. After the death of his wife, Stryker had frozen him until a cure or a way to control him was found.
When Col. Stryker started his research on mutants, he had Jason lobotomized. Using his cerebral fluid, he created a powerful serum, through which he controlled the mind of anyone he wanted. When Charles Xavier was captured by Stryker, Jason, under his father's orders, used his powers on him, as Xavier was too powerful for the serum to have any affect. He made Xavier believe he was in the X-Mansion after the attack from Stryker's forces, and, disguising himself as a young girl, made him search for the other mutants with Cerebro, in reality bringing him to Dark Cerebro. When Xavier found all the mutants, Jason ordered him to kill them all and Xavier, brainwashed by his powers, began to obey.
After some time, Magneto entered Dark Cerebro's chamber. Jason was unable to affect him, due to his helmet. Magneto rearranged Cerebro's panels. Mystique, disguised as Jason's father, ordered Jason to kill all humans.
While Xavier was obeying to the new order, Storm and Nightcrawler managed to teleport inside Dark Cerebro. They were immediately attacked by Jason, who showed them an empty room with his disguise from earlier, standing in the middle of it, trying to deceive them. Storm created a snow-storm and interrupted the illusion. They rescued Xavier, but the chamber collapsed before they can return for him.
To be added
Jason Stryker was just a child when he discovered his mutation, and his father's shame for his nature led him to prove a deep hatred against him and his mother. Once lobotomized, his personality was completely erased, and he's just a puppet in William's hands.
Jason is a skillful telepath, able to project visions in other people's mind. He's powerful enough to overcome Professor X's powers, and his spine fluid is a powerful mind-controller itself.
- Canon (3 films)
Behind the scenes
- All of Jason's dialogue is spoken through Keely Purvis, who portrays the little girl that Jason projects.
- The character of Jason is loosely based on another X-Men foe, Mastermind/Jason Wyngarde.
- Jason Stryker's appearance (as well as his telepatic power) are somewhat reminscent of the X-Men foe Legion.
- In the official videogame, Jason is revealed to be still alive. He confronts Nightcrawler in his mission in Alkali Lake, wanting revenge on him since he let him die. Jason's personality is split in two, a good side and an evil one, and the good side sacrifices his own life in order to help Nightcrawler destroy the Sentinels.
- Originally in the comics, Styker's son was portrayed to have been a newborn that was killed by his father after he was displayed his mutant powers at birth. Later on during the All-New X-Men series it was retconned to where the child was still alive (where his father took him to A.I.M. to have his powers suppressed) and has now taken over his late father's work as the new leader of the Purifiers. Like in the film that child has also been given the name of Jason Stryker.