Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Janet van Dyne|
Janet van Dyne persuaded her husband, Hank Pym, to let her go on his Ant-Man missions with him as his partner. She was given a suit and became known as "The Wasp". During a mission in 1987, Ant-Man and Wasp needed to disable a Soviet missile but Hank couldn't get inside the missile because the space was too small. Janet didn't hesitate and removed her regulator, shrinking to subatomic size so she could fit through the gap and successfully disarmed the missile. However, without her regulator she was unable to regrow to normal size and was lost in the Quantum Realm. Hank told his daughter that her mother died in a plane crash until twenty-five years later, in 2015, when he finally told her the truth. When Scott manage to escape the Quantum Realm, by rewiring the suit's regulator with an enlarging Pym discs, it is now possible if Janet is still alive somewhere within the Quantum Realm and can be saved.
To be added
Powers and Abilities
- Size Manipulation: Janet was able to shrink in size with the help of the Pym Particles.
- Superhuman Strength: Janet was able to maintain her human-sized strength when shrunken down in the Wasp suit.
- Wasp suit: Allowed Janet to shrink in size.
- Marvel Cinematic Universe (1 films)
Behind the scenes
- Joss Whedon intended to use Wasp in The Avengers as one of the female leads when Scarlett Johansson's involvement was still unconfirmed. However, plans to use both Henry Pym and Janet van Dyne were ultimately scrapped.
- In the comics, Van Dyne was the original incarnation of Wasp and a founding member of the Avengers, and the template for Ultron to create Jocasta.