|Alias(es)|| Green Monster|
|Appeared in|| Ultimate Avengers|
Ultimate Avengers 2
Hulk is the form taken by Bruce Banner whenever he is stressed or enraged. This is due to exposure to gamma radiation when attempting to duplicate the Super Soldier program. He is based on the version of the character created by Mark Millar in The Ultimates, from which Ultimate Avengers is loosely adapted.
Like his Ultimates incarnation, Banner is introduced as the head of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s super soldier program. He is obsessed with finding the secret to Captain America's strength to use it as a way to gain control of the Hulk and use him as a benefit for mankind. He is the ex-boyfriend of Betty Ross, who he still feels passionate about. In the past he destroyed a large part of New York and killed civilians. He takes medications to supress his rage, but he gets stressed with Nick Fury frequently because these meds slow his work down. He is overjoyed when Captain America is thawed from ice and studies his blood closely. When the Chitauri attack the Triskellion, Banner mixes his gamma-mutated DNA with Captain America's super soldier serum, creating a bigger, stronger, grey-skinned Hulk which briefly has Banner's mind. When the battle intensifies, the Hulk slaughters dozens of the aliens an turns on the Avengers. His newfound strength even allows him to lift Thor's hammer with difficulty, despite the worthiness test. He is injected with a seditive and calmed down by Betty Ross, and then is sentenced to spend the remainder of his life in a cell built for the Hulk.
Banner spends most of the sequel confined in his glacc cell, where he is constantly given deadly doses of a seditive and forced to watch security footage of the Hulk at the attack on the Triskellion. When the aliens invade Earth, he eventually realises that the Chitauri were so easily defeated because the Hulk gives off a gamma signature, which makes vibranium brittle and fall apart. Before he can help the Avengers, he is poisoned by the Chitauri and seemingly dies. Later, he transforms into the Hulk and wakes up to attack the Chitauri forces in New York. The Hulk is last seen looking at Betty one last time before moving on.
Hulk is constantly enraged and draws his strength from this rage. The angrier Hulk is the more powerful he becomes. This aspect of his physiology grants him virtually limitless strength. If Hulk calms down to a certain point, he will revert back to the form of Bruce Banner.
Powers and Abilities
- Superhuman Strength: Hulk has vast superhuman strength. He was able to even lift Thor's Hammer. He can also leap great heights.
- Superhuman Speed: Hulk can move at superhuman speeds, faster than normal humans.
- Superhuman Durability: Hulk is invulnerable to physical farm from event he most extreme superhuman forces.
- Superhuman Stamina: Hulk has limitless amounts of stamina.
- Accelerated Healing Factor: Hulk's rage fuels his rapid cell regeneration. However, calming him down reduces his regenerative abilities in order to prevent his healing from burning out his powerful sedative.
- Chitauri - Enemies.
- Steve Rogers/Captain America - Enemy.
- Tony Stark/Iron Man - Enemy.
- Thor - Enemy.
- Henry Pym/Ant-Man/Giant-Man - Enemy.
- Janet van Dyne/Wasp - Enemy.
- Natalia Romanov/Black Widow - Enemy.
- Animated Canon (2 films)