Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Alias(es)|| Green Monster|
The Hulk is the form taken by Bruce Banner whenever he is stressed or enraged. This is due to exposure to gamma radiation coupled with childhood trauma.
The film explores the origins and backstory of the Hulk. David Banner is a genetist who experiments on himself in his efforts to improve human DNA. His modified genes are passed on to his son, Bruce. Eventually one of his experiments explodes, killing Bruce's mother and leading to David's imprisonment. Bruce is raised in foster care, with no real memories of his true parents.
As an adult, Bruce himself also becomes a geneticist, working with Betty Ross under Major Talbot to build regenerating soldiers. An accident in the lab leads to a radiation bath which interacts unexpectedly with his altered DNA. Soon after he becomes the Hulk and destroys the lab. When he returns to normal he doesn't remember much about the transformation. He is quickly captured by the military but escapes.
His father David, now entirely crazy, attempts and fails to convince him to destroy the military. David bites an electrical cord, turning into a powerful electrical being. During his subsequent fight with the Hulk, General Ross deploys a Gamma Charage Bomb, and both are assumed dead. However reports continue to arise of Hulk sightings. Bruce Banner has survived and found work and temporary shelter as a doctor in a medical camp in the Amazon rain forest.
The Hulk is constantly enraged and draws his strength from this rage. The angrier The Hulk is the more powerful he becomes. This aspect of his physiology grants him virtually limitless strength. If The Hulk calms down to a certain point, he will revert back to the form of Bruce Banner.
Real Name: Bruce Banner
Alignment: Uncontrollable due to his rage
Relatives: David Banner (father)
Base of Operations: Mobile
Unusual Features: Green eyes and skin and gigantic bodily proportions
Marital Status: Single
Occupation: Nuclear physicist
Place of Birth: Dayton, Ohio
- Superhuman Strength: The Hulk's primary power is his strength, able to move immensely heavy materials, such as cars or boulders. Derived from his anger, the angrier the Hulk becomes, the stronger he becomes, and the more heavy objects he can move. A side-effect of this strength is that the Hulk grows bigger as his anger rises above regular levels.
- Superhuman Speed: The Hulk can achieve speeds up to 300mph.
- Superhuman Durability: The Hulk's skin, muscles and bones are far more durable than an ordinary human's, able to take tremendous punishment from both firearms and superhuman blows. Whenever bullets hit his skin, they bounced off harmlessly, seemingly causing nothing more than an annoyance to the Hulk.
- Superhuman Endurance: The Hulk's endurance is much greater than that of an ordinary human's.
- Superhuman Leaping: The Hulk can cover up to four or five miles in a single leap, able to cover a lot of ground and reach the Golden Gate Bridge of San Francisco without trouble.
- Instantaneous Regeneration: Despite his incredible durability, the Hulk is not invincible. He can be harmed, but when he is, his regeneration acts up and eliminates all forms of injury. The time it takes for any injury to heal may take up to a few seconds or a few minutes, depending on the severity of the injury. This instantaneous regeneration may also endow a measure of immunity to all diseases and an enhanced longevity (to Hulk, not Banner).
- Betty Ross - Ex-girlfriend
- David Banner - Father and enemy, deceased
- Thaddeus Ross (Lee series) - Enemy
- Glenn Talbot (Lee series) - Enemy, deceased
Behind the scenes
- Director Ang Lee had done Motion Capture for The Hulk.