Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Appeared in|| Guardians of the Galaxy|
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
- "I am Groot!"
Groot is a humanoid plant from Taluhnia and a member of the Guardians of the Galaxy.
Rocket Raccoon and Groot arrive at the Hub in search of work. There, they are hired by Stygian crimelord Zade Scraggot to hunt down the local Scalluscs.
A price for Rocket head was put by a bounty hunter who had enough of Rocket and Groot taking all the bounties, this caused Groot to turn against Rocket, betrayed Rocket tries to get away, when he meets face to face with the man who started the manhunt for Rocket, he reveals to Rocket why he did this, as Groot who heard this, burst into the room, angry at that bounty hunter. scaring him, he cancels the manhunt for Rocket.
Groot and his partner and friend, Rocket Raccoon, are a duo of bounty hunters who were searching for quarry on the planet Xandar, when they spot Peter Quill, who is attempting to retrieve a mysterious orb from Gamora.
Learning of the large bounty on Quill's head, the two joined the fight. Soon after, all four were caught by the Nova Corps and sent to a space prison called The Kyln. In the prison, Groot easily subdued a large alien prisoner who threatened Quill.
As Gamora had a plan to sell the Orb to someone else. Quill, Rocket and Groot agreed to help and split the reward. Rocket had a plan to escape the prison, which required a battery from a tall column in the prison. As he explained that it was very important to take the battery last, Groot stretched his body up to the panel and immediately grabbed the battery, setting off an alarm. Aiding in the escape, they headed to Knowhere, to meet with Gamora's buyer, The Collector.
The Dark Aster started falling to the ground and the Guardians were about to die, but Groot created a shield with his body around them. When asked by Rocket why he would do such a thing, which would lead to his death, Groot responded "We are Groot". When the ship crashed, sticks were spread all over the ground. The other four lay in pain.
After defeating Ronan, the four Guardians entered the Milano, Rocket was holding a pot with a stick popped out of it. Rocket looked down to discover Groot had begun regenerating, as the stick now had a face and arms.
Baby Groot danced to the Jackson 5's I Want You Back while Drax was cleaning his knife. Drax turned to Baby Groot, but he stopped dancing, Drax returned to cleaning his knife, and Baby Groot continued.
To be added
Groot is a monosyllabic tree creature who is only capable of saying the words "I am Groot".
- Super Strength: Like all Flora Colossus' he has amazing strength.
- Chlorokinesis: Like all Flora Colossus' he can control plants.
- Transformation: Like all Flora Colossus' he can transform his body to a larger height and mass, but decreasing his speed, and transform his limbs into anything like shields and spines.
- Regeneration: Like all Flora Colossus' he can regenerate his entire body from any damage done including being blown into pieces.
To be added
- Star-Lord - Teammate and leader.
- Drax the Destroyer - Teammate.
- Rocket Raccoon - Friend and teammate.
- Gamora - Teammate.
- Ronan the Accuser - Enemy
- Nebula - Enemy
- Korath the Pursuer - Enemy
- Thanos - Enemy
- Marvel Cinematic Universe (2 films)
- Marvel Cinematic Universe (3 comics)
Behind the scenes
- Krystian Godlewski portrayed the character on set, though his acting was not used in the final character CGI.
- Vin Diesel recorded Groot's iconic line, "I am Groot," over 1,000 times and also recorded all of his lines in several different languages, including Russian, Mandarin, Spanish, Portuguese, and French so that they could use his real voice in the film around the world.
- James Gunn did the dancing Baby Groot scene in the film.
- Groot is extremely intelligent, but can only say "I am Groot". The meaning depends on the variety of the tone that he uses.
Guardians of the Galaxy
Promotion, Filming and Concept Art
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2