|Appeared in||Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer|
When the Silver Surfer arrives on Earth, Hager is put in charge in the mission of tracking and possibly stop the alien. Hager asks for Richards' help, but he's disappointed by the Fantastic Four's way of operating (especially because of the damages provoked by Human Torch). So he gets into an agreement with Victor Von Doom, who helps them capturing the Surfer.
Once taken the alien in custody, Hager starts to torture him for gaining information about Galactus. He then has the Fantastic Four captives for preventing them to save Silver Surfer, since they disappoint his methods of interrogation. Eventually, Doom's real plan is revealed, and when Victor steals the Cosmic Power from Silver Surfer, Hager is killed during his escape from the military base.
Hager was a proud and stubborn man, who puts his personal feelings towards his old time rival Reed Richards before his duty (which Richards calls him out on it). He's anyway a capable soldier and a skillful scientist, who takes seriously his mission.
- Fantastic Four
- Reed Richards/Mr. Fantastic - Rival.
- Victor von Doom/Dr. Doom - Ally, turned enemy and killer.
- Frankie Raye - Subordinate.
- Norrin Radd/Silver Surfer - Enemy.
- Story series (1 film)
Behind the scenes
- Tim Story described General Hager as "an old acquaintance of Reed Richards and one of the major additions to the movie".
- Andre Braugher dropped out from ER to film Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer.
- General Hager was originally supposed to be Nick Fury, but this had to be changed at the last minute due to rights issues (Fox owns film rights to the Fantastic Four, while Marvel Studios has rights to Fury). It's especially obvious since one of Hager's conversations with Mr. Fantastic is taken almost word-for-word from a conversation between Mr. Fantastic and Nick Fury in Ultimate Extinction #2. Though Nick Fury does appear in the video game loosely based on the first film.