Read on only if you don't mind reading spoilers for the film.
|Writer(s):|| Story by:|
|Expected Release:||February 14, 2019|
Gambit is an upcoming film now in development as part of the X-Men franchise.
To be added
- Channing Tatum as Remy LeBeau/Gambit
- Léa Seydoux as Bella Donna Boudreaux
- Lizzy Caplan as a To-be-confirmed character
- To-be-confirmed actress as Candra
Continuty and References to Earth-10005
Prodcer Lauren Shuler Donner declared that Gambit is one of her favorite X-Men characters, and a film for him would be considered depending on the success of Wolverine. It was announced by Donner that Channing Tatum will be portraying Gambit in both 2016's X-Men: Apocalypse and the stand alone solo film with Simon Kinberg producing.
In January 2015, it was reported that the film is scheduled for an October 7, 2016 release.
In June 2015, it was revealed that Doug Liman will be directing.
In August 2015, Tatum was confirmed to star and produce the film, with the opition for him to be involved in other X-Men films.
In August 2016, Liman has reporting droped out as director of the film to work on Justice League Dark instead.
On November 9, 2016, Kinberg announced to The Hollywood Reporter that they will start production after Tatum finished shooting Logan Lucky with a new filmmaker.
In December 2016, a rumor reports that Frank Darabont will re-write and direct the film.
In February 2017, Kinberg said the film is in development.
Filming was slated to begin in late October/November 2016 in New Orleans, Louisiana.
- Channing Tatum auditioned for the role in X-Men: The Last Stand. He told Total Films in an interview that he has wanted to play the character since he was young.
- Tatum said that he was reading up on speaking Cajun in 2014 in preparation for the film.
- Chris Claremont, who co-created Gambit with Jim Lee wrote a story treatment for the film.
- Taylor Kitsch wanted to reprise his role of Gambit, in which he was portrayed in X-Men Origins: Wolverine, but Fox wanted someone else to take over the role. Channing Tatum then was cast in the role.
- The film's code name during filming was "Chess".
- Bennett Miller, Darren Aronofsky, J.C. Chandor and Gareth Evans were offered to direct but passed on the film.
- This will be Gambit's second film appearance after X-Men Origins: Wolverine. He was considered to appear in X-Men.
- Before Léa Seydoux was cast as Bella Donna, Rebecca Ferguson and Abbey Lee were considered for the role.
- Rupert Wyatt' was originally hired to direct the film, but dropped out due to schedule conflicts.
- When Rupert Wyatt dropped out of the director's position, the short list of directors considered to replace him included: F. Gary Gray, Shane Black, Joe Cornish and Doug Liman. In the end, Liman was chosen to helm the film.
- After starring in Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol and Spectre, Léa Seydoux will be the fifth multi-franchise actress to star in an X-Men movie. The first actress is Famke Janssen, the second is Halle Berry, the third is Jennifer Lawrence and the fourth is Gina Carano.
- Lea Seydoux will be the third 'Bond' girl to portray an X-Men character, following Famke Janssen and Halle Berry.
- Doug Liman left as the director of the film to work on Justice League Dark instead.
- Anna Paquin who played Rogue in X-Men, X2: X-Men United, X-Men: The Last Stand and X-Men: Days of Future Past confirmed on twitter that she will not appear in the film. However, Paquin later clarified that what she meant was that she did not know whether or not the character would be in the film.
Promotion, Filming, and Concept art
To be added
- ↑ IESB Exclusive: Lauren Shuler Donner on the Future of Gambit and Deadpool
- ↑ Lauren Shuler Donner confirms Channing Tatum Gambit casting
- ↑ Channing Tatum to Play Gambit in X-Men Spinoff
- ↑ Simon Kinberg on ‘X-Men: Days of Future Past,’ ‘The Fantastic Four’ Reboot, and Black Superheroes
- ↑ Channing Tatum’s ‘X-Men’ Character ‘Gambit’ Spinoff Moving Forward
- ↑ Channing Tatum’s ‘Gambit’ Gets 2016 Release Date; ‘Fantastic Four’ Sequel Moves Up
- ↑ Gambit exclusive: Rupert Wyatt to direct Channing Tatum's X-Men Film
- ↑ Channing Tatum Closes His 'Gambit' Deal (Exclusive)
- ↑ 'X-Men' Spinoff 'Gambit' Loses Its Director (Exclusive)
- ↑ Fox's X-Men Issues: Jennifer Lawrence Unsigned, 'Deadpool' Defections, 'Gambit' on Hold
- ↑ BIG RUMOR: Frank Darabont Might Be Directing and Rewriting ‘Gambit’
- ↑ Gambit: Channing Tatum Still Attached To Star
- ↑ 
- ↑ X-Men Producer Simon Kinberg Provides Major Gambit Update
- ↑ Exclusive: Channing Tatum confirms his Gambit movie is being re-written following the success of Deadpool & Logan
- ↑ Gore Verbinski To Direct ‘Gambit’ With Channing Tatum At Fox
- ↑ Gore Verbinski in Talks to Direct Channing Tatum's 'X-Men' Spinoff 'Gambit'
- ↑ ‘Magic Mike XXL’ Writer On The Sequel, ‘Gambit,’ & ‘Ghostbusters’
|Released||X-Men | X2 | The Last Stand | First Class | Days of Future Past | Apocalypse|
|Development||The New Mutants | X-Men: Dark Phoenix | X-Force | Other|
|Released||X-Men Origins: Wolverine | The Wolverine | Logan|
|Films||X-Men | X2 | X-Men: The Last Stand | X-Men Origins: Wolverine | X-Men: First Class | The Wolverine|
X-Men: Days of Future Past | Deadpool | X-Men: Apocalypse | Logan
|Development||The New Mutants | Deadpool 2 | X-Men: Dark Phoenix | Gambit | X-Force | Other|