|Alias(es)||Destroyer of Worlds|
|Appeared in||Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer|
Galactus, the Destroyer of Worlds, is a cosmic entity who feeds on planets.
Galactus is a cosmical entity, born with the universe itself. He preserves the balance of life eating planets, just as a lion does it eating antilopes. He sends his herald, Silver Surfer, who entered his service for preventing him to destroy his planet, along the galaxies to search for a suitable planet. When the Surfer finds the Earth, Galactus is called by his servant and he travels the whole unvierse to reach him. When he arrives, anyway, Silver Surfer has learned the value of life and confronts him: in space, Radd faces his master and releases all at once the Cosmic Power Galactus gave him, thus destroying him.
- Silver Surfer - Herald.
Behind the scenes
- 20th Century Fox's rationale for having the character as a cloud was to keep him discreet.
- Originally, Laurence Fishburne was supposed to voice Galactus instead of Silver Surfer, but eventually the character was reduced to a mere cameo and all his lines were cut.
- Tim Story said that he kept Galactus hidden in the cloud for having his first appearance in the Silver Surfer's spin-off.
- It was the Weta Digital studios to convince Fox to add hints of the comic-book version of Galactus in the movie, such as the helmet's shape.
- Canon (1 film)
- The movie version of Galactus resembles more the one from Ultimate Universe (the swarm of giant insects Gah Lak Tus) than the classic one.
- At the end of the movie, in the cosmic clouds is distinguished the shape of Galactus' helm.