|Appeared in||Punisher: War Zone|
- "This is just the beginning."
- ―The Punisher[src]
Frank Castle is a wanted vigilante who operates in New York City. Since the death of his family, he spent several years waging a one-man war on organized crime under the alias, the Punisher.
Waging his one-man war on the world of organized crime, ruthless vigilante-hero Frank Castle sets his sights on overeager mob boss Billy Russoti. After Russoti is left horribly disfigured by Castle, he sets out for vengeance under his new alias: Jigsaw. With the "Punisher Task Force" hot on his trail and the FBI unable to take Jigsaw in, Frank must stand up to the formidable army that Jigsaw has recruited before more of his evil deeds go unpunished.
Frank is driven towards eradicating organized crime. He is merciless towards his enemies and ruthless in his actions. Frank is highly skilled in unarmed combat and proficient with most forms of firearms.
- Martin Soap - Ally.
- Saffiotti - Ally.
- Paul Budiansky - Ally.
- Mircochip - Ally.
- Carlos Cruz - Ally.
- Angela Donatelli - Friend.
- Grace Donatelli - Friend.
- Billy Russoti/Jigsaw - Enemy.
- James Russoti - Enemy.
- Maginty - Enemy.
- Ink - Enemy.
- Pittsy - Enemy.
- Cristu Bulat - Enemy.
- Tiberiu Bulat - Enemy.
Behind the scenes
This article doesn't have any behind-the-scenes information about this character. Please add some!
- Canon (1 film)
- This version of the Punisher does not seem to use any kind of transportation to get around the city, and presumably runs around on foot. (the '89 film version used a motorcyle and the 2004 film version used a modified Gto)
- Director Lexi Alexander was actually against using the trademark skull on Frank's costume. However, fans wanted it to be more prominent than it was in the 2004 film. She described this design as "pre-schoolish" in an interview and eventually compromised with a degraded and worn skull image (similar to the 2004 movie). The skull was so faded and barely visible that it went almost entirely unnoticed by some who saw the movie.