|Appeared in|| Thor|
Thor: The Dark World
|Actor|| Joshua Dallas|
Fandral is one of a trio of Asgardian adventurers known as the Warriors Three, and is a friend of Thor. He was present when jotuns infiltrated the vaults of Odin while most of Asgard was preoccupied with a ceremony naming Thor as heir to Asgard's throne. When Thor became enraged by the interruption, Fandral readily agreed to accompany him to Jotunheim to exact retribution for the jotuns' aggression.
The Warriors Three, together with Thor, Sif, and Loki, journeyed to Jotunheim where Thor challenged Laufey, the jotuns' ruler, over the incident in Asgard. Laufey, revealing that he had strength in numbers and mindful of an ancient truce between the two peoples, dismissed the Asgardian group from his realm. As they turned to leave, Thor was baited by the heckling of a nearby jotun, plunging them all into mortal combat. Fandral was grievously injured in the fight and had to be carried clear. The Asgardians were saved by the timely arrival of Odin, who intervened and quickly drew them back to Asgard.
After Odin banished Thor to Earth and subsequently fell into his "Odinsleep", Loki claimed the throne as Asgard's regent. Concerned over the coup, the Warriors Three and Sif left Asgard to find Thor on Earth. There, they faced an unexpected threat when Loki dispatched The Destroyer to kill Thor. They were no match for the construct, and it battered them without much effort until Thor's self-sacrifice restored his power and allowed him to defeat it. The Asgardians then returned to their world where the Warriors Three parted company with Thor who pressed on alone to deal with his brother.
Fandrall was present when Thor returned to Asgard with Loki and the Tesseract. He was also present when Thor rallied his fellow Asgardians, informing them that they were to protect the Nine Realms from the Marauders.
- "Nothing personal boys!"
To be added
Fandral was a serious man, one of the most skilled warriors in Asgard. He was loyal to his friends and fearful for his enemies, but he was extremely polite, even on the battlefield. Although he was often irritated by Volstagg's endless appetite, he'd give his life for his teammates.
Fandral possessed the same superhuman physical attributes as his fellow Asgardians; such as strength, stamina, speed and reflexes. His superhuman dexterity, speed, and agility were all significantly greater than the average Asgardian male. He was an incredibly skilled swordsman, his weapon of choice being a sabre.
- Hogun - Friend and teammate; deceased.
- Volstagg - Friend and teammate; deceased.
- Sif - Friend.
- Thor Odinson - Friend.
- Odin Borson - King; deceased.
- Frigga - Queen; deceased.
- Loki Laufeyson - Friend turned enemy.
- Marvel Cinematic Universe (3 films)
- Marvel Cinematic Universe (1 comic)
Behind the scenes
- Before Joshua Dallas was cast in the first film, Zachary Levi was set to play Fandral, but had to pull out when Chuck's third season was extended. Levi was replaced by Stuart Townsend who then left the movie due to "creative differences".
- Because of his commitment with Once Upon a Time, Dallas was unable to reprise his role in Thor: The Dark World, and was replaced by the original choice for Fandral, Zachary Levi.
- A S.H.I.E.L.D. agent called Fandral "Robin Hood": in the comics Fandral was based on the public persona of actor Errol Flynn who played Robin Hood in The Adventures of Robin Hood. Later in the comics chronology it is hinted that he may have been the inspiration behind the Robin Hood legends.
Thor: The Dark World