- This article is about the X-Men: First Class character. For other uses, see Emma (disambiguation).
|Appeared in||X-Men: First Class|
- "Excellent question. Though I wouldn't call it a war exactly - that suggests both sides stand an equal chance of winning"
- ―Emma Frost[src]
Emma Frost is a mutant that with the ability to shift into an indestructible living diamond form. She also possesses strong telepathy.
Emma Frost was a member of the Hellfire Club, otherwise known as the Inner Circle. The Hellfire Club was lead by Sebastian Shaw. She was his right-hand woman and represented Shaw in places he was not able to go. Emma protected Shaw and carried out his devious plans. In her mind she believed she was doing what was right for mutantkind. Other members of the Hellfire Club included Riptide (Janos Quested), Azazel, and Angel Salvadore. Representing Shaw in Russia, Emma was captured by a CIA team led by Charles Xavier and Erik Lehnsherr. She was then taken to a CIA holding center. She was then freed from the holding by Magneto and his first Brotherhood of Mutants.
Powers and Abilities
Emma, a platinum haired beauty and close ally of Sebastian Shaw, is a telepath who possess a diamond-like skin that is really strong (it could have been shattered when Magneto strangled her with metal). Like Charles Xavier, she can project her thoughts and will into another's mind. In First Class, it is implied that she might be stronger than Xavier but this takes place before the first X-Men movie, where he was a lot more powerful. She can also create illusions in another person's mind. Her weakness is that if she is shattered in diamond form, she cannot turn back to regular form. She showed that she was able to create an illusion in a Soviet General's mind that he was caressing and kissing her, when in reality he was simply hugging and kissing the air.
Behind the Scenes
- Alice Eve was originally announced to play Emma Frost but a deal couldn't be reached and January Jones was cast instead.
- While Azazel, Angel, and possibly Riptide are said to be killed by Project Wideawake operatives, Emma's fate is currently unknown. It is possible Project Wideawake killed her after 1963.
- When Bryan Singer was still slated to direct the third installment of the X-Men film series the role of Emma Frost was intended for Sigourney Weaver. After Singer left the project in favor of making Superman Returns, the character was dropped completely.
- In 2006, a movie based on Emma Frost was being considered with director David O. Russell as a potential spin-off from the X-Men movie franchise.
- In the comic books and various animated versions, Emma Frost was depicted with an English accent, but this accent is not present in X-Men: First Class.