|Appeared in||X-Men: First Class|
- "Excellent question. Though I wouldn't call it a war exactly - that suggests both sides stand an equal chance of winning"
- ―Emma Frost[src]
Emma Frost was a mutant with the ability to shift into an indestructible living diamond form. She also possesses strong telepathy.
To be added
Emma Frost was a member of the Hellfire Club, otherwise known as the Inner Circle. The Hellfire Club was lead by Sebastian Shaw. She was his right-hand woman and represented Shaw in places he was not able to go. Emma protected Shaw and carried out his devious plans. In her mind she believed she was doing what was right for mutantkind. Other members of the Hellfire Club included Riptide, Azazel, and Angel Salvadore. Representing Shaw in Russia, Emma was captured by a CIA team led by Charles Xavier and Erik Lehnsherr. She was then taken to a CIA holding center. She was then freed from the holding by Magneto and his first Brotherhood of Mutants.
In the future, a Sentinel used Emma's diamond shapeshifting ability, strongly hinting that Trask experimented on her for her DNA.
Powers and Abilities
- Organic Diamond Transformation/Mutant Physiology: Emma, a platinum haired beauty and close ally of Sebastian Shaw, was a telepath mutant who possess a diamond-like skin that was really strong. It was shown to be bullet-proof and grant her super strength while in that form, but it could have been shattered when Magneto strangled her with metal.
- Superhuman Strength: In diamond form, Emma possessed far more strength then a normal human.
- Invulnerability: Emma's diamond form was durable to the point where bullets and blades cannot penetrate it, as it was really strong. However, she was damaged by being constricted by metal bars; suggesting that Emma had greater durability to bullets and blades than to blunt force.
- Superhuman Immunity: In her diamond form, Emma was protected from the mental probes of others, like Charles.
- Superhuman Reflexes: Emma possessed far more reflexes then a normal human; as she was able to catch a magnetically propelled knife thrown by Erik Lehnsherr relatively easily.
- Accelerated Healing Factor: Emma was able to heal much faster than normal humans; after her diamond form started to crack under the pressure of being constricted by metal bars, all of her injuries disappeared upon returning to her human form, although she was forced to catch her breath.
- Telepathy: Like Charles Xavier, Emma can project her thoughts and will into another's mind, she was also able to communicate with others, with her telepathy. In X-Men: First Class, it was implied that she might be stronger than Charles but this takes place before the first X-Men movie, where he was a lot more powerful. Like Charles, she can also create illusions in another person's mind. Emma showed that she was able to create an illusion in a Soviet General's mind that he was caressing and kissing her, when in reality he was simply hugging and kissing the air.
- Genius-Level Intellect: Emma was highly intelligent and well educated. She was also highly resiliant and was exceptionally calm, even under stress and interrogation.
- Master Manipulator: Emma was a highly skilled manipulator and a master of seduction.
- Skilled Hand-To-Hand Combatant: Emma had skills in hand-to-hand combat; as seen in her first/only confrontation against Erik Lehnsherr.
- Diamond Form: Emma's weakness was that if she was (completely) shattered in diamond form, she cannot turn back to regular form, she was also incapable of using her own telepathic powers as while she was in her diamond form.
Behind the scenes
- Alice Eve was originally announced to play Emma Frost but a deal couldn't be reached and January Jones was cast instead.
- It was said by conspiracy theorists that she worked with Mystique to frame Magneto for the assassination of JFK.
- Earth-10005 (1 film)
- When Bryan Singer was still slated to direct the third installment of the X-Men film series the role of Emma Frost was intended for Sigourney Weaver. After Singer left the project in favor of making Superman Returns, the character was dropped completely.
- In 2006, a movie based on Emma Frost was being considered with director David O. Russell as a potential spin-off from the X-Men movie franchise.
- In the comic books and various animated versions, Emma Frost was depicted with an English accent, but this accent is not present in X-Men: First Class.
X-Men: First Class: The High Hand
X-Men: First Class