Read on only if you don't mind reading spoilers for the film.
|Writer(s):|| Rhett Reese|
|Expected Release:||June 1, 2018|
Deadpool 2 is a 2018 superhero comedy film filming, the sequel to Deadpool and the twelfth film in the X-Men film series.
To be added
- Ryan Reynolds as Wade Wilson/Deadpool
- Morena Baccarin as Vanessa Carlysle
- Josh Brolin as Nathan Summers/Cable
- Zazie Beetz as Neena Thurman/Domino
- Brianna Hildebrand as Ellie Phimister/Negasonic Teenage Warhead
- Stefan Kapicic as Piotr Rasputin/Colossus
- Karan Soni as Dopinder
- Leslie Uggams as Blind Al
- T.J. Miller as Weasel
- Jack Kesy as Black Tom Cassidy
- Shioli Kutsuna as a to-be-revealed character
- Julian Dennison as a to-be-revealed character
- Eddie Marsan as a to-be-revealed character
Continuty and References to Earth-10005
- Nathan Summers/Cable is introduced.
- Neena Thurman/Domino is introduced.
- Black Tom Cassidy is introduced.
In September 2015, producer Simon Kinberg said that a sequel for Deadpool is in development. In February 2016, Ryan Reynolds told IGN that he would like to portrayed his character forever. Also in the month, the film was greenlit three days before the first film's release, with Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick already signed on to return while director Tim Miller isn't attached yet, Fox is hoping to bring him back in order to reunite the creative team who made the first film. In October 2016, Miller was no longer part of the sequel due to creative differences with Reynolds over the casting of Cable and the film's direction, either a raunchy comedy or a stylized superhero movie. Six days later, Mashable reported that David Leitch was the frontrunner to direct the sequel, with Drew Goddard and Magnus Martens as other candidates. In November 2016, The Hollywood Reportwer announced that Leitch will direct the sequel.
Principle photography began by June 17, 2017, at Hatley Castle in Canada, which is used to portray the X-Mansion in the X-Men films and filming is scheduled to move to Vancouver by June 26, 2017 and last there until October 6, 2017.
- This film was greenlit three days before the release of the first film.
- On April 6, 2016, Ryan Reynolds officially signed on for the sequel.
- This film was rumored to be lead up to the "X-Force" movie.
- Liam Neeson is the studio's first choice to play Cable.
- Shooting is scheduled to start sometime around early 2017.
- It was stated by the filmmakers that Deadpool would likely have a boyfriend in this film, a reference to his pansexuality.
- During the post-credit scene in the first Deadpool movie, Deadpool tells the audience that Cable will be in the sequel.
- Tim Miller dropped out on the sequel due to creative differences with Ryan Reynolds.
To be added
Promotion, Concept Art and Filming
- ↑ Three X-MEN Films Set For Next Year As NEW MUTANTS, DEADPOOL 2, & DARK PHOENIX Get Release Dates
- ↑ A ‘Deadpool’ Sequel Might Already Be In The Works
- ↑ Ryan Reynolds Wants to Play Deadpool For The Rest of His Life
- ↑ 'Deadpool' Sequel Already in the Works
- ↑ Director Tim Miller, Ryan Reynolds Part Company On ‘Deadpool 2’
- ↑ ‘Deadpool 2’ Drama: Here’s What Ryan Reynolds and Director Tim Miller Clashed Over (Exclusive)
- ↑ Exclusive: 'John Wick's' David Leitch is the frontrunner to direct 'Deadpool 2'
- ↑ ‘Deadpool 2’ Director Search Ongoing, But No Offers Yet
- ↑ It's Official: 'John Wick' Director David Leitch to Helm 'Deadpool 2'
- ↑ Deadpool 2 Filming X-Mansion Scenes with Reynolds in Victoria, BC
- ↑ 
|Films||X-Men | X2 | X-Men: The Last Stand | X-Men Origins: Wolverine | X-Men: First Class | The Wolverine|
X-Men: Days of Future Past | Deadpool | X-Men: Apocalypse | Logan
|Development||New Mutants | Deadpool 2 | X-Men: Dark Phoenix | Gambit | X-Force | Other|
|Released||X-Men | X2 | The Last Stand | First Class | Days of Future Past | Apocalypse|
|Development||New Mutants | X-Men: Dark Phoenix | X-Force | Other|
|Released||X-Men Origins: Wolverine | The Wolverine | Logan|