|Alias(es)|| Agent Zero|
|Appeared in||X-Men Origins: Wolverine|
David North, also known as Agent Zero, is a mutant who has the ability to absorb the kinetic energy generated by an impact without harm to himself.
Agent Zero is a lethal marksman and William Stryker's second in command. Working as a member of Team X he helped Stryker source adamantium. He, along with Victor Creed, were the only ones from Team X that stayed faithful to Stryker when the team disbanded.
Five years later, when Logan has adamantium grafted to his entire skeleton and broke out from the Weapon X facility, Zero pursued him to an old barn belonging to an elderly couple who have taken "Wolverine" in. Zero shot them and blew up the barn in an attempt to kill Wolverine without avail. Wolverine rode away on a motorbike and was pursued by a helicopter containing Zero. Wolverine brought the helicopter down, Zero mocked Wolverine stating how innocent people die around him. As Wolverine walked away he ignited a trail of fuel with his claws causing the helicopter to explode, killing Zero who was trapped inside.
Zero's name appeared on a list of mutants on Col. Stryker's computer when it was accessed by Mystique.
He has the ability to absorb kinetic energy; for example he can fall from great heights and take punches without being injured. He is also an excellent marksman. He is shown to be extremely athletic, being able to flawlessly jump about fifteen feet in the air and land perfectly.
- William Stryker - Former boss.
- Wolverine - Former Team X member.
- Wade Wilson - Former Team X member.
- John Wraith - Former Team X member.
- Chris Bradley - Former Team X member.
- Fred Dukes - Former Team X member.
- Victor Creed - Former Team X member.
- Canon (2 film)
- This version is depicted as being exceptionally ruthless - killing several innocent civilians over the course of the film in order to complete his mission. His powers in the film are enhanced strength, speed, agility and accuracy with firearms. The character is constantly referred to as Zero, rather than using his given name.
- Lauren Shuler Donner says on the DVD commentary that Agent Zero has no scent, and that a sequence was planned that he escapes the crash and Logan cuts down the forest to stop him. The character is repeatedly referred to as Zero, rather than using his given name. However, in the video game adaptation of the film, his name is given as David Nord.
- In the comics Zero is German and Caucasian, while in the film he is Asian.
Behind the scenes
- In the comic books, Zero has gone by the name Maverick.