|Appeared in|| Kick-Ass|
- "Even with my metal plates and my fucked up nerve endings, I gotta tell you, that hurt! But not half as much as the idea of leaving everything behind. Katie, my dad, Todd and Marty... and all the things I'd never do. Like learn to drive or see what me and Katie's kids would look like or find out what happened on "Lost". And if you're reassuring yourself that I'm going to make it through this since I'm talking to you now, quit being such a smart-ass! Hell dude, you never seen "Sin City"? "Sunset Boulevard"? "American Beauty"?"
- ―Dave Lizewski [src]
Dave Lizewski is the teenage boy who's also the superhero Kick-Ass.
- "The three assholes, laying into one guy while everybody else watches? And you wanna know what's wrong with me? Yeah, I'd rather die... so bring it on!"
Dave Lizewski is considered to be a "normal" kid, otherwise ordinary New York City high school student and the child of James Lizewski, a loving single father, takes his interest in comic books as inspiration to become a real-life superhero. In his point of view, he is not good at sports, not the smartest, socialy interactive, or anything else. He seems to have an interest of comic books and superheroes, but he wonders why no one wants to be a superhero. So he puts on a mask and decides to become a superhero, donned "Kick-Ass". When he decides to fight crime, he reaches fame with a viral video on YouTube. Soon after, he goes over his head and gets caught up with the D'Amico drug dealing war.
To be added
A sixteen-year old comic book lover who is inspired to become a real life superhero due to feeling boredom and emptiness in his life, despite having no super-powers, minimal fighting ability, and very limited training. He buys a wetsuit on eBay and patrols the street in search for crime. After an unsuccessful attempt at stopping a group of graffiti artists gets him beat up, stabbed and run over, he spends a long period of time at the hospital where he has many operations including having metal plates placed inside his head. Despite his unfortunate start at being a real life superhero he feels like the whole experience is too exciting to give up and upon leaving the hospital and recovering from his injuries, starts up again. He eventually manages to successfully defend a guy being attacked by a group of thugs. His actions are filmed and posted on YouTube and he becomes an overnight celebrity who eventually begins inspiring more people to do what he does. Although Dave is portrayed as naive and not particularly strong or athletic, he displays a great deal of courage and determination despite going through a huge amount of physical pain throughout the story. His only unusual ability is a relatively high tolerance to physical blows, due to both damaged nerve endings and the metal plates in his head.
- James Lizewski - Father.
- Katie Deauxma - Ex-Girlfriend.
- Big Daddy - Ally.
- Hit-Girl - Ally, Friend and possible love interest. Former trainer and partner.
- Justice Forever - Allies
- Frank D'Amico - Enemy.
- Red Mist/The Motherfucker - Enemy.
- Todd Haynes - Friend, ally and former teamate.
- Marty Eisenberg - Friend, ally and former teamate.
- Canon (2 films)