|Appeared in||Thor: The Dark World|
|Actors|| Christopher Eccleston|
The Dark Elves are a primordial race of dark beings from the obscure world of Svartalfheim who predate the current universe itself and are ruled by Malekith the Accursed. They're enemies to the Asgardians and all life of this universe. Their primary goal is to convert the universe back into a state of eternal darkness for their people, for they believe the current universe to be poisonous, that it was never meant to be.
To be added
The Dark Elves display some of the most advanced technology seen as of yet, at least rivaling the Asgardians in most fields and surpassing them in some areas.
- Stealth: The Dark Elves have highly sophisticated stealth technology that can evade even Asgardian sensors and highly attuned Asgardian senses such as those possesed by Heimdall, making it likely no currently known people could detect a Dark Elf vessel when cloaked. It also makes their vessels invisible to the naked eye.
- Interdimensional travel: The Dark Elves are capable of traveling between the Nine Realms at will.
- Interdimensional sensors: The Dark Elves can detect the alignment of the nine realms and track their exact position in the multiverse in relation to each other.
- Energy weapons: The Dark Elves make use of powerful energy weapons on their ships and in ground combat. Well the nature of the discharges is unknown, their handheld rifles were capable of piercing Asgardian armor and killing them when the shot hit in the chest. Asgardian hand held shields could absorb the discharges, but the kinetic energy still made them stumble.
- Grenade: The Dark Elves possess grenade type weapons that create a short lived singularity capable of sucking in practically anything within a certain radius.
- Fighter craft
- Aether: By far their greatest artifact, it is an infinity stone.
Notable Dark Elves
- Malekith the Accursed - Ruler of the Dark Elves.
- Algrim the Strong/Kurse - The Dark Elves' most powerful warrior.
- In previous incarnations the Dark Elves are hurt by contact with certain metals, especially iron. This may be true in the new continuum as well, as the Dark Elves appeared to use non metalic components in their armor and weapons.