|Alias(es)|| Loki's Scepter|
Glow Stick of Destiny
|Appeared in|| The Avengers|
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Avengers: Age of Ultron
The scepter had a long golden handle and a black fitting which held a blue gem encircled with silver blades. It allowed its owner to open rifts through dimensions with the Tesseract as a gate key, fire destructive blue energy blasts and bend the wills of others. Subjects are placed under control of the scepter by placing the scepter on their chest for a moment, at which time their eyes momentarily turn black, then change to a blue color similar to that of the Tesseract itself with no visible pupils.
Loki used the scepter to brainwash Hawkeye, Dr. Selvig and numerous S.H.I.E.L.D. agents into his followers. He could transform it at will from its long, fully-extended appearance to its smaller but equally deadly form the same way he transformed his own appearance with and without his full body armor and cape. He also disguised it as a cane when disguising himself as a human in a lavish suit. The scepter also functioned as a devastating close-range weapon, being able to violently impale and slash enemies and besting most in combat with ease. It was even strong enough to match Thor's mighty hammer Mjølnir in close-quarters combat, much the same way Odin's spear Gungnir had when Loki wielded it in his first duel against his adopted brother, Thor.
The only known person who is apparently immune to the sceptre's mind-control abilities is Tony Stark/Iron Man, whose Arc Reactor implant somehow disrupted Loki's attempt to brainwash Stark into using him against the Avengers.
The Scepter was obtained by HYDRA and was being tested on by scientists under Baron Strucker's authority.
To be added
The Sceptre was retrieved from Baron Strucker in Sokovia by the Avengers and then researched upon by Tony Stark. Stark found an free-thinking AI inside the gem of the sceptre and used it to create his world defense Ultron program. One of Iron Legion stole the scepter and took it to Sokovia where it gave it to Ultron.
Ultron used the scepter to brainwash Helen Cho to make her create him a human-like body of vibranium using the Cradle. Ultron broke the gem on the scepter and released the Mind Stone and put it in the Cradle.
- Marvel Cinematic Universe (3 films)
- Marvel Cinematic Universe (1 TV series)
- Marvel Cinematic Universe (1 Comic)
- In the mid-credits scene of Captain America: The Winter Soldier on one of the monitors in the background, the Staff can be seen being taken apart piece by piece, digitally, hinting at the possibility that the stone inside the staff is capable of being separate from the staff itself.
- The Scepter was first confirmed as holding one of the Infinity Stones in the teaser trailer for the upcoming film Avengers: Infinity War.
- An identical scepter appears in the animated series Avengers Assemble where it is used by Loki.