Read on only if you don't mind reading spoilers for the film.
|Captain Marvel (film)|
|Director:||Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck|
|Writer(s):|| Nicole Perlman|
|Expected Release:||March 8, 2019|
Captain Marvel is a film in development at Marvel Studios. It will be part of Phase 3.
To be added
Continuity and References to the Marvel Cinematic Universe
To be added
In October 2014, the movie was announced as part of their upcoming slate of films.
In early April 2015, Feige revealed that Captain Marvel appeared in an early draft of the Avengers: Age of Ultron screenplay, but was removed since the character had not yet been cast, saying, “It didn’t feel like the time. We didn’t want to introduce her fully formed flying in a costume before you knew who she was or how she came to be." By mid-April, it was announced that Nicole Perlman and Meg LeFauve would be writing the screenplay. The duo were made into a writing team, after impressing Feige with separate takes on the character.
In February 2015, Marvel pushed the release date from July 6, 2018 to November 2, 2018.
In June 2016, Variety reported that Brie Larson was the frontrunner to portray Carol Danvers/Captain Marvel with THR reporting that Niki Caro and Jennifer Kent both being considered as the director of the film.
In July 2016, Larson was announced as Danvers for the film at the San Diego Comic Con 2016.
On August 24, 2016, The Hollywood Reporter has reported that Niki Caro, Lesli Linka Glatter and Lorene Scafaria are on the shortlist of female directors to direct the film which also included Jennifer Kent and Jennifer Yuh.
- In the comics, there have been 8 different Captain Marvels. This movie will focus on the story of the female Captain Marvel, Carol Danvers, making this the second Marvel film to feature a female character as the lead after Elektra (2005).
- Katheryn Winnick, Natalie Dormer, Emily Blunt, Katee Sackhoff, Yvonne Strahovski and Rebecca Ferguson had been rumored for the title role before Brie Larson was cast.
- In Marvel Comic history there have been 8 different Captain Marvels. This movie will focus on the story of one of the female Captain Marvels, Carol Danvers.
- This will be Marvel's first female lead feature length film.
- This will be the twenty-first film to be released by Marvel Studios for the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
- Will use Carol Danvers full body outfit not the swimsuit design.
- This would be Nicole Perlman's second time writing for a Marvel film, she previously wrote the first draft of Guardians of the Galaxy.
- Carol Danvers will make her cinematic debut in 2018's Avengers: Infinity War, which will lead into her solo as Captain Marvel in 2019.
- This film will not focus on Captain Mar-Vell, but on Carol Danvers/Captain Marvel (who was previously known as Ms. Marvel).
- Captain Marvel was announced at a Marvel Event in October 2014.
- Brie Larson has been circling around the role of Captain Marvel and has said she would love to take the offer. She would later cast for the role.
- When Brie Larson was announced at the end of the San Diego Comic Con for Marvel's panel, she took part of a photo selfie with the cast and crew of Doctor Strange, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Spider-Man: Homecoming and Black Panther.
- It has been rumored that Angelina Jolie has been offered $20 million to direct the film.
- Elizabeth Wood and Emily Carmichael are the short list to direct the movie.
- Brie Larson was officially announced as Carol Danvers on July 23rd, 2016 during the Marvel movies panel at San Diego Comic Con.
- Ronda Rousey had expressed interest in playing the title role.
- Jennifer Kent and Jennifer Yuh Nelson were in the running to direct the film.
To be added
Promotion, Concept Art and Filming
To be added
- ↑ A Spago dinner sets the stage for Downey's epic contract talks that could lead to more "Avengers" and "Iron Man 4" -- or a new Tony Stark
- ↑ "evin Feige On Marvel’s Responsibility To Be Diverse And A Possible Captain Marvel Movie
- ↑ Black Panther - Marvel Head Says Fans Want Black Panther and Captain Marvel
- ↑ Captain Marvel Soars Into the Marvel Cinematic Universe
- ↑ Here’s Why You Won’t See Captain Marvel In ‘Avengers: Age Of Ultron’
- ↑ Nicole Perlman & Meg LeFauve to Write Marvel's 'Captain Marvel'
- ↑ 'Captain Marvel' Movie Targets 'Inside Out' and 'Guardians' Writers
- ↑ Marvel Studios Schedules New Release Dates for 4 Films
- ↑ Marvel Courting Ava DuVernay to Direct Diverse Superhero Movie (Exclusive)
- ↑ Brie Larson the Frontrunner to Play Captain Marvel (EXCLUSIVE)
- ↑ Brie Larson Circling 'Captain Marvel' Superhero Movie
- ↑ Brie Larson officially announced as Captain Marvel
- ↑ 'Captain Marvel' Director Search Narrows (Exclusive)
|Marvel Cinematic Universe|
|Phase 1||Iron Man | The Incredible Hulk | Iron Man 2 | Thor | Captain America: The First Avenger | The Avengers|
|Phase 2|| Iron Man 3 | Thor: The Dark World | Captain America: The Winter Soldier | Guardians of the Galaxy|
Avengers: Age of Ultron | Ant-Man
|Phase 3|| Captain America: Civil War | Doctor Strange | Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 | Spider-Man: Homecoming |
Thor: Ragnarok | Black Panther | Avengers: Infinity War | Captain Marvel | Avengers 4
|One-Shots|| The Consultant | A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Thor’s Hammer | Item 47 | Agent Carter |
All Hail the King
|TV Shows||Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | Agent Carter|
|Netflix Series||Daredevil | Jessica Jones | Luke Cage | Iron Fist | The Defenders | The Punisher|