Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Steve Rogers uses an ornamental version of the triangular shield during a musical tour promoting War Bonds, which he then uses in his first field mission. Rogers later acquires the familiar circular shield from Howard Stark. Rogers chooses the unadorned vibranium shield (actually a prototype) over several more advanced models based on the triangular shield. The Vibranium prototype shield proved to be the perfect weapon for Steve. As Captain America he accomplished amazing feats with it. Aside from bashing HYDRA soldiers and blocking incoming attacks, Rogers was able to throw it with near perfect aim and have it ricochet back to him. It is frozen along with the Captain when he sinks Johann Schmidt's plane on the Arctic.
When Dr. Johann Fennhoff hypnotize Howard Stark, taking him back to the time that holds his greatest shame. Howard see himself on an icy tundra, with a pilot telling him he thinks they found The Valkyrie. He then sees Peggy Carter holding Captain America's shield, asking him to bring Steve home.
A prototype of Captain America’s shield can be seen in the workshop when Pepper Potts walks in on Tony trying to get out of his damaged armor; the shield is visible in the distance below Tony's right arm. Tony subsequently used the alloy of a prototype to create his armor.
A deleted scene features the shield covered by snow.
Captain America's shield proved most effective in his confrontation with Thor as it absorbed the full impact from Mjolnir and caused a massive shock-wave to the surrounding forrest area. Steve uses the shield again in the battle with the Chitauri in New York to shield his teammates as well himself. Iron Man's Repulsors rays reflect off of Cap's shield to launch an effective counter strike attack on Chitauri unit. Cap uses his shield to catapult Black Widow onto an approaching Chitauri aerial platform. Cap then proceeded to uses the shield to protect himself from a grenade blast that sends him hurtling out a window and to the street below unto the car roof. Because of the Shield structure Cap was able to curl himself and protect himself from receiving extensive injuries.
After the Battle of New York, Steve supremely honed his shield fighting skills. Steve learned to use his shield in new, modern fighting styles. Steve almost single handedly took down an entire squad of pirates led by Georges Batroc, on board the Lemurian Star. The shield allowed Steve to survive a jump from forty stories up in the Triskelion and land in the main hall. Steve was able to use his shield in bringing down an armed Quinjet. Steve used his shield to damage The Winter Soldier's bionic arm when they fought each other in a brutal one-on-one fight. When onboard the Helicarrier Steve refused to fight Bucky, ditching his shield, and letting it fall into the water below. It is retrieved and laid by Steve's bedside while he recovered in the hospital.
Tony Stark retrofitted Captain America's shield to make it more efficient and effective in battle by giving it the ability to be called back, much like the Iron Man suits. No longer equipped with two handles in the back, the shield was fitted with a magnetic element that clipped onto Cap’s gauntlet. Cap rode into battle on his Capcycle in an assault attack against HYDRA with the team in Sokovia. Using his shield, he took on a unit of HYDRA soldiers and incapacitated them in the process. Steve got some assistance from Thor when a battalion squadron lined up with soldiers and tanks to attack, Thor used Mjölnir against Cap's shield to create a sonic shockwaves disarming them. Steve went after Baron Wolfgang von Strucker and used his shield to take him down. Tony Stark had a vision brought on by the powers of Wanda Maximoff of his fellow comrades fallen in battle against the Chitauri force in space and he saw a shattered shield broken in half with Steve beside it. When Ultron first attacked the team with the aid of Stark's Iron Legion in Avengers Tower, Clint Barton tossed Steve his shield to destroy the drone. Later, Steve used his shield to damage Ultron when two engaged in close combat. In Sokovia, Steve led the Avengers in the battle against the Ultron and his Ultron Sentries using his shield to destroy multiple drones.
The previous magnetic Stark attachments used during the battle of Sokovia are no longer present on Captain America's shield instead it's back to it's original form equipped with the leather straps. Armed with his trusty shield Roger's leads a small team of Avengers on an away mission to stop Crossbones and his mercenaries from stealing a biological weapon in Largos. Cap finds various ways to use his shield during the fight from a ballistic catapult to a defensive battering ram and even the standard ricocheting effect.
Crossbones throws a explosive small bomb unto the shield disarming Cap who proceeds to toss it into the air clear from civilians. Rogers uses the shield once more when he is engaged in a chase between The Winter Soldier and The Black Panther. When he engages in combat with The Black Panther, he witnesses the tips of his claws leaving starching marks engraved on the shield revealing that the weaponized material is Vibranium same as the shield. The shield and falcon's aerial flight pack is confiscated by the government temporally while their in Germany only for Sharon Carter to bring it back to Rogers later.
Iron Man instructs his newest recruit Spider-Man to disarm Captain America by webbing his hands and snatching the shield. Unbeknownst to either of them Rogers countered the attack with his own recruit Ant-Man who was attached to the shield shrunken and popped up knocking Spider-Man off balance and returning the shield back to Rogers. As a battle breaks out between the now fractured Avengers, Cap trades blows with the likes of Black Panther, Iron Man, and War Machine. At one point War Machine attempts to attack Cap with an areal attack leap using a electronic mace only for Cap to counter with a defensive roll and slash the mace in half with his shield. Spider-Man tries to go up one on one with Cap only to be schooled by the Star-spangled Avenger and his shield.
Bucky and Steve tag team using the shield at one point when they face-off against Iron Man. Captain America uses his shield to block Iron Man's offensive repulsor ray blast from his gauntlet causing an energy spike flare deflection as the opposing sides stand firmly. With superhuman speed Steve manages to pinned Tony to the wall attacking furiously with a combined assault of fist and shield strike combos. At the height climatic point of the battle Cap breaks apart Iron Man's helmet and uses his shield to pierce the center Arc Reactor, disabling the suit. As Rogers began to walk away with Bucky in toe, Tony rants that he doesn't deserve to have the shield, as Howard Stark, his father, made the shield. Rogers decides after a brief pause to discard the shield leaving behind the mantel.
- Marvel Cinematic Universe (5 films)
- Marvel Cinematic Universe (2 TV series)
- In the comics, the shield is created by Dr. Myron MacLain with both vibranium and "proto-adamantium".
- In Captain America: The First Avenger, both Bucky and Falsworth wield the shield in addition to Steve. Bucky during his last stand on Zola's train, and Falsworth throws the shield to Steve in the final battle. In the comics, Barnes was Steve's successor as Captain America and Falsworth was the UK equivalent, Union Jack.
- In Iron Man 3 and Marvel One-Shot: All Hail the King, the fake terrorist Trevor Slattery has a tattoo of Captain America's shield on the back of his neck, except with the star replaced by an A for anarchy.
- In Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Whilst battling the Winter Soldier, Captain America needs all the resources he can get, including his iconic shield, which has a lot more uses in the film. The shield is traditionally used mostly as a defensive weapon, but in Captain America: The Winter Soldier the filmmakers wanted to explore using it more as an offensive weapon. There are two handles on the shield and Steve Rogers can hold onto the handles in order to utilize it in an eastern style of fighting.
- In Avengers: Age of Ultron, Captain America's shield receives Stark tech enhancements with sub-miniature transistors which allow Cap to recall his shield wearing a magnetized arm gauntlet as a homage to the same enhancements gifted to Steve Rogers from Tony Stark in the Avengers #6 comic.
- In Captain America: Civil War, Captain America's shield comes to blows with Black Panther's claws which are encoded with Vibranium which allows it to leave claw mark engraving much like the comics. Also in the film the iconic shot panel of Steve's shield vs. Tony's Repulsor ray is featured.
- In the comics, Molecule Man, Doctor Doom, Thanos, Thor and Seapent broke Captain America's shield.