Read on only if you don't mind reading spoilers for the film.
|Director:|| Anthony Russo|
|Writer(s):|| Christopher Markus|
|Expected Release:||May 3, 2019|
Avengers 4 is the fourth Avengers film and the twenty-second film installment in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. It will be part of Phase 3.
To be added
- Robert Downey, Jr. as Tony Stark/Iron Man
- Chris Evans as Steve Rogers/Captain America
- Chris Hemsworth as Thor Odinson
- Mark Ruffalo as Bruce Banner/Hulk
- Jeremy Renner as Clint Barton/Hawkeye
- Josh Brolin as Thanos
- Tom Hiddleston as Loki Laufeyson
- Elizabeth Olsen as Wanda Maximoff/Scarlet Witch
- Brie Larson as Carol Danvers/Captain Marvel
- Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury
- Paul Rudd as Scott Lang/Ant-Man
- Evangeline Lilly as Hope van Dyne/The Wasp
- Sebastian Stan as Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier
- Anthony Mackie as Sam Wilson/Falcon
- Chris Pratt as Peter Quill/Star-Lord
- Vin Diesel as Groot
- Zoe Saldana as Gamora
- Bradley Cooper as Rocket
- Dave Bautista as Drax
- Karen Gillan as Nebula
- Tom Holland as Peter Parker/Spider-Man
- Chadwick Boseman as T'Challa/Black Panther
- Benedict Cumberbatch as Stephen Strange/Doctor Strange
- Paul Bettany as The Vision
- Jon Favreau as Happy Hogan
- Gwyneth Paltrow as Pepper Potts
- Ty Simpkins as Harley Keener
- Hiroyuki Sanada as a to-be-revealed character
Since their early films, Marvel Studios has been planting the seeds for Infinity War by introducing the Infinity Stones, immensely powerful objects that if held together can grant its holder near omnipotence, as mcguffins: the Tesseract / Space Stone in Captain America: The First Avenger, Loki's Scepter in The Avengers, the Aether in Thor: The Dark World, and The Orb / Power Stone in Guardians of the Galaxy. Additionally, the Infinity Gauntlet, the glove designed to house the stones, is briefly seen in Thor. Thanos, the villain who in the comics covets the stones, was initially believed by many fans to be the antagonist of the second Avengers film after making a brief appearance in the first. However, Joss Whedon, the writer and director of the first two films, explained that "Thanos is more powerful. He is so powerful, he is not someone you can just try to out punch. Like in the comics, you want him to be threading through the universe and to save the big finale for the big finale."
In June 2013, Robert Downey, Jr., who played Tony Stark / Iron Man, signed on to Avengers: Age of Ultron, as well as a third Avengers film. The following May, Josh Brolin, signed a multi-film deal including both parts of Infinity War to play Thanos.
In October 2014, Marvel announced a two-part sequel to Age of Ultron, titled Avengers: Infinity War, Part 1 is scheduled to be released on May 4, 2018, with Part 2 scheduled for May 3, 2019. Avengers: Infinity War Part 1 and Avengers: Infinity War Part 2 are scheduled to being filming back to back in late 2015. Following the November 2014 hacking of Sony Pictures' computers, it was revealed that Anthony and Joe Russo, directors of Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Captain America: Civil War, would direct both Avengers: Infinity War Part 1 and Part 2.
In March 2015, Joe and Anthony Russo were confirmed as directors of the film and Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely are expected to pen the screenplay. In April 2015, Markus and McFeely were confirmed to write the screenplay. Also in the month, Feige said the films would be two, distinct films: "because they [have] such shared elements, it felt appropriate... to [subtitle the films] like that. But I wouldn’t call it one story that's cut in half. I would say it's going to be two distinct movies." While promoting Age of Ultron Chris Hemsworth revealed that he and Chris Evans both had three films left on their contracts, which consisted of both parts of Infinity War as well as the third films of their respective franchises.
In April 2016, the Russo Bros confirmed that Chris Hemsworth's Thor will be in the film and teased the involvement of Chris Pratt's Peter Quill/Star-Lord and Samuel L. Jackson stated he believes he'll reprise his role as Nick Fury in both parts of Infinity War. Later in the month, Jon Favreau revealed that he will executive produce the film and Joe Russo confirmed that Elizabeth Olsen will return as Scarlet Witch.
In May 2016, Joe Russo revealed that Avengers: Infinity War, Part 1 and Avengers: Infinity War, Part 2 will be retitled. Later in the month, Joe and Anthony Russo accidentally confirmed that Captain Marvel will appear.
In September 2016, Samuel L. Jackson confirmed he'll reprise his role as Nick Fury in the film.
In October 2016, Evangeline Lilly confirmed she'll be appearing as Hope van Dyne/The Wasp.
Continuity and References to the Marvel Cinematic Universe
To be added
- Split into two films, it will loosely adapt the Infinity War, The Infinity Gauntlet , and some aspects of The Thanos Quest storyline from the comics, concluding with Part II in 2019.
- This is not the final film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. There will be a phase 4 and most of the actors are extending their contracts.
- Chapter Ten of Phase Three in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
- This will be the twenty-second film to be released by Marvel Studios for the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
- The film will conclude the recurring Thanos and Infinity Stones story-arc in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
- Formely known as "Avengers: Infinity War Part II".
- Avengers: Infinity War will be shot completely by an IMAX camera.
- This will be the second time that an Avengers film is not written and directed by Joss Whedon.
- Filming has officially started on August 10, 2017, a month after Avengers: Infinity War.
- This is Robert Downey Jr.'s last contractual Marvel obligation for playing the role of Tony Stark/Iron Man. Downey though has stated he plans on being involved with the Marvel Cinematic Universe longer than his current contractual commitments are structured which is leading many to believe Downey will sign a new deal after his current one has concluded.
- The title of this movie will not be released soon, according to directors, because it would be a spoiler for Avengers: Infinity War.
To be added
Concept Art and Filming
To be added
To be added
- ↑ Robert Downey Jr. To Return As Marvel's Iron Man
- ↑ Josh Brolin Joins Marvel's 'Avengers' Sequels as Villain Thanos
- ↑ Marvel Announces Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Inhumans, Avengers: Infinity War Films, Cap & Thor 3 Subtitles
- ↑ The return of the star Avengers - to Blighty
- ↑ It's Official: Joss Whedon out, Russo Brothers in to Direct Avengers: Infinity War!
- ↑ Russo Brothers to Direct 'Avengers: Infinity War' Parts 1 and 2
- ↑ Marvel’s ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ to Be Directed By Joe, Anthony Russo
- ↑ Markus & McFeely Will Write INFINITY WAR
- ↑ Marvel’s Movie Future: Here’s Everything You Need To Know Through… Phase 4?
- ↑ Chris Hemsworth Confirms He's In Both AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR PART 1 & 2
- ↑ Russo Brothers Confirm Star-Lord And Thor In Avengers: Infinity War
- ↑ Samuel L. Jackson On When Nick Fury Will Return To The Marvel Movies
- ↑ The JUNGLR BOOK director Jon Favreau Is Going Back To Marvel
- ↑ Scarlet Witch Confirmed For Avengers: Infinity War
- ↑ Russo Brothers Confirm: ‘Avengers: Infinity War 1 And 2’ Will Be Retitled
- ↑ Russo Brothers Accidentally Confirm Captain Marvel In Avengers: Infinity War
- ↑ Samuel L. Jackson On How He Factors into 'xXx 3' and Nick Fury's Return for the 'Avengers' sequels
- ↑ Watch: Evangeline Lilly on Avengers and Wasp Movie | New York Comic-Con 2016 | Blastr
- ↑ Russo Brothers to Direct Both ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ Movies
- ↑ AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR to Start Shooting in Late 2016; Will Film for 9 Months
- ↑ ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Directors on Landing Spider-Man, ‘Infinity War’ Shooting Schedule
- ↑ Doctor Strange IMAX Preview Teases a Marvel Cinematic Multiverse
- ↑ ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ Trailer: A Culmination of Everything That Has Come Before
- ↑ Marvel's The Avengers Head Into an Infinity War
|Marvel Cinematic Universe|
|Phase 1||Iron Man | The Incredible Hulk | Iron Man 2 | Thor | Captain America: The First Avenger | The Avengers|
|Phase 2|| Iron Man 3 | Thor: The Dark World | Captain America: The Winter Soldier | Guardians of the Galaxy|
Avengers: Age of Ultron | Ant-Man
|Phase 3|| Captain America: Civil War | Doctor Strange | Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 | Spider-Man: Homecoming |
Thor: Ragnarok | Black Panther | Avengers: Infinity War | Captain Marvel | Avengers 4
|One-Shots|| The Consultant | A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Thor’s Hammer | Item 47 | Agent Carter |
All Hail the King
|TV Shows||Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | Agent Carter|
|Netflix Series||Daredevil | Jessica Jones | Luke Cage | Iron Fist | The Defenders | The Punisher|