Read on only if you don't mind reading spoilers for the film.
|Writer(s):|| Edgar Wright|
|Expected Release:||July 17, 2015|
Ant-Man is a movie now in early production and is intended to be the twelfth film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. It will launch "Phase 3".
Armed with the astonishing ability to shrink in scale but increase in strength, con-man Scott Lang must embrace his inner-hero and help his mentor, Dr. Hank Pym, protect the secret behind his spectacular Ant-Man suit from a new generation of towering threats. Against seemingly insurmountable obstacles, Pym and Lang must plan and pull off a heist that will save the world.
- Paul Rudd as Scott Lang/Ant-Man
- Michael Douglas as Hank Pym
- Michael Peña as a to-be-confirmed character
- Patrick Wilson as a to-be-confirmed character
- Evangeline Lilly as a to-be-confirmed character
- Corey Stoll as a to-be-confirmed character
- Matt Gerald as a to-be-confirmed villain
- David Dastmalchian as a to-be-confirmed character
Wright and Cornish originally wrote a treatment for Artisan that focused on Scott Lang as a burglar. Artisan, looking for a family-oriented movie, passed on the script. A few years later when Marvel executives Kevin Feige and Ari Arad asked if Wright was interested in writing a script on any of the Marvel titles, Wright offered the Ant-Man script.
In February 2007, Wright reported that the film was on hold while they worked on revising the script. 
In March 2008, Wright told Empire magazine that a second draft of the script was being written. Known for being a comedic writer, the director noted that the film would not be overtly comedic, but that it would be "more of a full-on action adventure sci-fi film but with a comedic element," and that it would not be a spoof. He confirmed that, at that time, the script included both Henry Pym, as the original 1960s character from "Tales to Astonish", and Scott Lang as his 1980s/1990s successor in the Ant-Man role. 
Wright says the story is very character-driven, and a new twist on an origins story. To influence his writing, he researched nanotechnology. 
Since finished wrapped Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, Wright said "I can't do two things at once, so [now that Scott Pilgrim is finished] I will return to doing another draft of [Ant-Man]." 
Wright revealed to Josh Horowitz that they have already turned in a 3rd draft for the script. 
In May, 2012, a "teaser" image of the movie was presented via Twitter by writer and director Edgar Wright. Feige stated as well that the movie was "as close as it’s ever been".
On June 28, 2012, it was revealed that Wright had filmed a Test Reel for the film.
On July 12, 2013, Wright revealed that the film's script is finished. 
On August 26, 2013, Wright told Collider that the film will be in pre-production in October and will start filming next year.
On December 19, 2013, Paul Rudd was officially announced to have been cast as 'Ant-Man'.
On May 23, 2014, Edgar Wright dropped out from directing the film due to creative differences with Marvel Studios.
The film will be shot in Fayette County, Georgia.
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt was considered for the role of Scott Lang/Ant-Man.
- Jessica Chastain turned down the lead female role due to scheduling conflicts.
- ↑ Exclusive: Edgar Wright Talks Ant-Man, Edward Douglas, Superhero Hype, 7-26-06
- ↑ Exclusive: Hot Fuzz Helmer Commences Them Steve Head, IGN, 2-15-07
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Exclusive: Edgar Wright Talks Ant Man Empireonline.com, 3-10-08
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Writer of Ant-Man comicbook movie says it will be in same style as Iron Man David Bentley, The Coventry Telegraph, 6-30-08
- ↑ Edgar Wright Going Back to Work on Ant-Man After Scott Pilgrim vs. The World
- ↑ 'Ant-Man' Movie Wouldn't Just Be For 'Avengers' Experts, Director Says
- ↑ [http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2012/05/07/edgar-wright-teases-ant-man-with-mysterious-image/ Edgar Wright Teases Ant-Man With Mysterious Image - Spinoff Online]
- ↑ Edgar Wright Directing 'Ant-Man' Test Reel (Exclusive)
- ↑ Edgar Wright: 'Ant-Man script is complete' - video
- ↑ Edgar Wright Talks THE WORLD’S END, Deleted Scenes, IMAX, 3D, Dwayne Johnson, ANT-MAN, His Sci-Fi Movie COLLIDER, and So Much More
- ↑ Michael Douglas to Star as Hank Pym in Marvel's Ant-Man
- ↑ Evangeline Lilly in Talks to Join 'Ant-Man'
|Marvel Cinematic Universe|
|Phase 1||Iron Man | The Incredible Hulk | Iron Man 2 | Thor | Captain America: The First Avenger | The Avengers|
|Phase 2|| Iron Man 3 | Thor: The Dark World | Captain America: The Winter Soldier | Guardians of the Galaxy|
Avengers: Age of Ultron
|Phase 3||Ant-Man | Captain America 3 | Doctor Strange|
|One-Shots|| The Consultant | A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Thor’s Hammer | Item 47 | Agent Carter |
All Hail the King
|TV Shows||Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | Agent Carter|
|Netflix Series||Daredevil | Luke Cage | Iron Fist | Jessica Jones | The Defenders|