Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Appeared in||The Amazing Spider-Man 2|
- "Never! I crush you, I beat you! I destroy you!"
Aleksei Sytsevich and two of his associates hijacked an Oscorp van containing vials of Plutonium. Sytsevich was the driver of the truck while his comrades secured the goods. However, Spider-Man intervened and webbed up Sytsevich's allies, handing them over to the police. Determined to not be caught, Sytsevich continued to flee in the truck, causing a great deal of damage to other vehicles on the road and a number of police cars. Spider-Man confronted Sytsevich face-to-face, using his spider sense to dodge the rapid fire of Sytsevich's machine gun. Spider-Man disarmed him and then webbed each wrist to the walls opposite so his arms were crossed over his chest. Spider-Man proceeded to pull down Sytsevich's pants to humiliate him further. Sytsevich was incarcerated in the Vault by the NYPD.
Later, after Harry Osborn's incarceration, The Gentleman visited Harry, speaking to him Harry about their plans for revenge against Spider-Man by forming a team of villains. He also informed Harry that Sytsevich was a prime candidate to pilot a large metal exo-suit created by Oscorp. Sytsevich was broken out of the Vault and donned the exo-suit. He took to the streets of New York, which hadn't seen Spider-Man since his final confrontation with Electro, and began shooting at the police, calling himself "The Rhino". A boy dressed as Spider-Man, who Spider-Man had helped out earlier, stepped out in front of Rhino, trying to make a stand. Rhino mocked the child when the real Spider-Man arrived on the scene. Rhino began to charge at Spider-Man who leapt in the air using a manhole cover as a weapon.
To be added
Powers and abilities
To be added
Behind the scenes
- Before the sequel was announced, Paul Giamatti wanted to play Rhino in a Spider-Man film.
- Director Marc Webb revealed that Sytsevich's appearance in the film is only for 4 minutes.
- Rhino also appears in The Amazing Spider-Man video game, however, due to the differences in the portrayal of the character the game's version is not considered canon.
- This version of Rhino is a combination of the mainstream and Ultimate portrayal of Rhino in the comics. He has the background and name of the mainstream Aleksei Sytsevich but the Rhino exo suit is more akin to the Ultimate universe's Alex O'Hirn R.H.I.N.O.
- Paul Giamatti confirmed that Rhino would return in The Amazing Spider-Man 3. It was later announced that the Amazing Spider-Man franchise was cancelled and that it will be rebooted with a new film set in Marvel Cinematic Universe.